Towing and Hauling / RV Discuss towing and hauling here. Share your tips and tricks. RV and camping discussion welcome.

He's at it again...you won't believe this one...

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 07:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down He's at it again...you won't believe this one...

Here's what Franklintroll1999 wrote over at RV.net about his beloved Duramax...

"The Allison transmission in the 2007.5 Duramax is smarter yet. The ECM and TCM will be connected to GPS via Onstar. The truck will now know when you are approaching a grade and will adjust shift points and select the proper gear to maintain a proper speed for the load you are towing. Yes it calculates your total weight of truck, trailer, and cargo based on the engine load and grade. It then adjusts the engine software, brakes, and fueling parameters to maintain maximum power and fuel mileage.

All you have to do is steer..."

What a meathead...

Looks like his mommy doesn't know he got a hold of the keyboard again...

BTW, for those of you that don't know...this guy had a 2005 2500HD Duramax/Allison that overheated and cooked itself in 5000 miles. His wife traded it on a Dodge, then he says he traded the Dodge off, and he now tows with an overloaded 1500HD 6.0L gasser...
Old 11-20-2006, 08:16 PM
BCB

i am speachless
Old 11-20-2006, 10:56 PM
Banned

oh god I thought he was done already
Old 11-21-2006, 12:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I decline to post after all!!!

Rick
Old 11-21-2006, 02:54 PM
Advocate of getting the ban button used on him...

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
You guys laugh like it's not true... I hear the new GMC's have that built in total weight calculator so there is no more guessing. They also have the new rain-o-meter to know when to change the tread pattern of the tires for optimum traction in wet conditions. The new heat-a-rific sensor also turns on the A/C if the GPS senses you are driving in a place that is known to be hot!!!

Old 11-21-2006, 03:05 PM

Location: Well I thought I lived in America, but its looking more like france every day.
I like my Dodge. I dont like a message center telling me when I need to change my oil, when a tire is low, who is singing on the radio, holy crap I bought the d**** thing to tow stuff not tell me when I need to do . I have a wife for that.
Old 11-21-2006, 03:18 PM

Long as they still have the GM heated tailgate option so your hands don't get cold is all that matters.
Old 11-21-2006, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by mcoleman
Long as they still have the GM heated tailgate option so your hands don't get cold is all that matters.
Thought that option was only available on the fords?
Old 11-21-2006, 04:07 PM

Talking

Originally Posted by Teddy Bear
Thought that option was only available on the fords?
Only on the 6. oh no diesels. Keeps yer hands warm when pushing the truck in cold weather.
Old 11-21-2006, 04:13 PM
Banned

For goodness sake, what ever you do, don't go over to RV net and harrass them. That would be childish and totally uncalled for! You'll get the "Acts like an 11 year old" label that I have self titled my signature with after the "Titan" threads! I guess I can laugh about it now......now that I've shoved a screwdriver though my monitor!!!

(notice the laugh at the end, that means it was just a joke, it never really happend. I'm saving my metric, left handed screwdriver for an intruder)
Old 11-21-2006, 04:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I still can't believe the level of maturity on display over at RV.net - I'm sure glad the DTR members don't ever stoop to their level!

Talk about childish and immature...
Old 11-21-2006, 07:42 PM

stupid 10 character limit
Old 11-21-2006, 07:51 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ib516
[I]"The Allison transmission in the 2007.5 Duramax is smarter yet. The ECM and TCM will be connected to GPS via Onstar. The truck will now know when you are approaching a grade and will adjust shift points and select the proper gear to maintain a proper speed for the load you are towing. Yes it calculates your total weight of truck, trailer, and cargo based on the engine load and grade. It then adjusts the engine software, brakes, and fueling parameters to maintain maximum power and fuel mileage.
While he might not know what he is talking about the technology actually exists to do what he is talking about. My airplane's guidance system can "look" out ahead and let me know if I am below upcoming terrain, towers, or buildings. Not radar, only GPS coordinates traveling 200+ MPH. GPS is simply amazing, and getting better everyday. Mine is accuate to within 3 feet. Up down, left right, what ever, and it is 5 years old!
Old 11-21-2006, 08:20 PM
Muted User

Man I love my first gen. I would give NOTHING to have one of those ROBOT controlled Dmaxes (nor any ROBOT/SATELLITE controlled anything for that matter). I love being the one who has control over my vehicle.

Lets see. Truck computers that work with tranny computers then communicate with a truck weight-estimator, THEN communicate to satellite? Hmmmmm. I hardly tow at all, and if I did, I wouldnt want 3 or MORE different computers and SATELLITES telling my truck what to do. Really.

I love the part of driving that involves USER control.

Now, smite me down towers. Let me know if this post is just complete idiocy or what or support me on this.

All in all, I see it just as more that can go wrong.

-Jeremy

Oh, and all I can say is anyone yell at me for being a 22 year old stuck 30 years in the past, I will just laugh and enjoy it
Old 11-21-2006, 08:27 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
I am closing this one down before the self proclaimed 11 year olds use it as an excuse to go harass someone on another forum.

Posting a thread like this here only feeds the troll by giving him the needed recognition he is after. Be smart, don't feed the trolls and they will go away.