Towing and Hauling / RV Discuss towing and hauling here. Share your tips and tricks. RV and camping discussion welcome.

Greenball tire follow-up!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 12:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greenball tire follow-up!!

Hello all!

After reading many threads about tire blowouts, large cracks on tires etc. I realized that I might be having future problems with my Greenball Hiway Trooper tires. This is what I found out.

I contacted Forest River (trailer mfg) - they suggested contacting Greenball directly (tire mfg) (www.greenball.com) I sent an email with photos of the tires showing the nice huge large cracks all circular near the rims. Almost 38 seconds after I sent the email a nice lady called me and told me that if there wasn't any damage that I caused (hitting something etc.) that the tires were covered.

WOW!!! Sweet, such nice service and such fast responce. She told me to contact one of their tire shops close to me (there was about 5 close by) and tell them it was a Greenball warranty issue and to make sure they had some in stock, I would need to cover the mounting & balancing. No problems about that - that sure is better than a blowout or trying to fix a flat in the middle of the desert.

I called the tire shop, they will have the tires tomorrow and looks like a great situation! I'm very excited with how this has progressed! I would recommend Greenball - I'll let you know how it turns out.

Thanks Greenball!
Old 09-17-2007, 01:02 PM

I have Greenballs on my trailer. 2-1/2 yrs later they still look good. I've had to replace all my valve stems (went to metal) but the tires are holding up fine.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:57 AM

All finished with the warranty issue!

Greenball was wonderful - they had the new tires ready to go and all I paid for was the Mounting & Balancing. I was so happy with their willingness to help and their distribution company "Discount Tire" that mounted them!

What a wonderful experience! I'm a Greenball customer for life!

Give them a try!

By the way, these tires are the "G" rated 3750 tires 110 psi
Old 09-19-2007, 03:45 PM

That's great customer service for sure.

My concern is the quality of the tire itself.

I've read mostly good things about Greenball tires, and just a few bad things.

I was considering them but so far, I've read all positives and have yet to find any negatives about Maxxis so I'm pretty close to getting them.

BTW - I'm stuck with 15-inch wheels so my choices are limited.