Towing and Hauling / RV Discuss towing and hauling here. Share your tips and tricks. RV and camping discussion welcome.

Got my new 5-er

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 01:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got my new 5-er

Picked up my new unit Wednesday and I am pleased to say I was very happy with the PDI. The PDI cleaning crew had done a good job of cleaning it up and making sure it was ready to go. One good thing, I had nothing but time (4 hrs) as I waited for the service guy's to install my hitch. I went over the unit from front to back and top to bottom and found very little that needed to repaired. I did however have to fix the crapper hose storage door as it began flapping in the wind on the way home. I drilled out the cheesie plastic spring loaded thumb **** and replaced it with a good 5/8" metal one, installed a door stop bumper on the door into the master bedroom and added two outside compartment door latches that were not on the unit. As for how I would compare it to my old unit (Skyline Rampage), they did cut corners on options, i.e. black water tank flush (none), black water piping can't be washed down by the grey water piping as the grey water piping is at the end of the black water tubing, the three roof vents none have vent shields. Wnidows are'nt tinted, something I can do myself. But for the price I paid I guess I can overlook some short comings. First camping trip schedule for the 4th of july weekend, which I will be bringing tools and other repair items just in case.
Old 06-10-2005, 04:30 PM

Congrats on the new 5vr. Now stop complaining and get to using it
You know that you could have spent a whole lot more and gotten all of those you say you didn't get You get what you pay for
Old 06-12-2005, 07:46 PM

With the SB watch those corners. My navigator (SWMBO) failed to follow the directions and we had to turn around. I now have a nice crease in the rear cab column. At least I didn't blow out the rear window. That-a freaked of the dog in the back seat.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:22 PM

Roger that. The shop guy who installed my hitch made that the first item for me to understand. I got the reese slider hitch attachment so it'll give me 10" more but it still comes pretty close. Needless to say I wanted the long bed but, wife said she did'nt want to hassle with trying to park it. Go figure, it would be real handy right about now.