Towing and Hauling / RV Discuss towing and hauling here. Share your tips and tricks. RV and camping discussion welcome.

got a bone to pick with a LTL hauler

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 02:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Did you have your address as well as the ship to address on the crate? If so, you might get lucky and a good citizen will contact you or the original buyer. Might be worth letting the Oklahoma Highway Patrol (http://www.dps.state.ok.us/ohp/) as well as Oklahoma Department of Transportation (http://www.okladot.state.ok.us/) know about the dumped crate in case either of them find it. At least they'll know who to contact. Sorry the deal went south on you.
Old 01-24-2008, 03:01 PM

Location: Used to be missoula, montana: Now in Sonoma County California
Originally Posted by 12valve@heart
Did you have your address as well as the ship to address on the crate? If so, you might get lucky and a good citizen will contact you or the original buyer. Might be worth letting the Oklahoma Highway Patrol (http://www.dps.state.ok.us/ohp/) as well as Oklahoma Department of Transportation (http://www.okladot.state.ok.us/) know about the dumped crate in case either of them find it. At least they'll know who to contact. Sorry the deal went south on you.

its got the ship to info on it address, phone number, name ect but i dont believe my ifo was on there.

thats a great suggestion. i will contact both and mention it.

If a member chooses to hunt this thing down i will print you out any documentation you need saying the motor is now yours
Old 01-24-2008, 03:43 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
This is something that needs to be handled by the proper authorities and not an angry vigilante committee. Call the Authorities and let them handle it.
Old 01-24-2008, 03:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In the past I have referred members here wanting something shipped to reputable haulers I know . Every one came back crying about high rates . I don't give any more referrals . It caused hard feelings on the other end too . Nobody I know overcharges . The expenses of hauling aren't cheap . Now you see what can happen when you go for the lowest rate when shipping .
Old 01-24-2008, 03:58 PM

Yep

I'll stick to the guys i know. any other transactions that need shipping i will let the customer arrange. you always get bit in the butt when you get out of your realm. i ship lumber not engines...

But Good news one of the members here was able to drag the info out of the guy about where he dumped it and he might be able to acquisition it.

Im much happier taking the loss knowing it stands a chance of being rescued by a DTR member than just laying on the roadside.

The driver and broker will gets what coming to them through legal channels.

What irked me is I paid the broker to get the truck into my facility. Then when the driver arrived I gave him a BOL that he signed that stated where the merchandise was destined to and it also referenced the Cashiers Check as payment in full for an LTL to be delivered to VA. Then mid trip after he cashed the check he calls me to tell me that he can’t reach his broker and he’s not willing to take my LTL any further since he can’t get pickup info from the broker on where one of his next loads is at. In my eyes he should have refunded me the check. Since he did not make the delivery, it wasn’t my fault that he took payment promised to deliver the goods and then lost his next pickup. He still had an obligation to make the delivery that he accepted payment for. Regardless of the rest of the circumstances. I feel bad the Broker back stabbed him but he was paid to haul my load as an LTL for an agreed upon price. When I used to haul if I lost a load pickup, and still had freight to deliver I would source more LTL’s from a Flying J or whatever to make weight and get close to the destination. Not cal lthe customer and say hey I cant find a second load so you are SOL unless you pay me more.

Aside from that un-nerving phone call I know nothing else other than I even suggested to the guy that he check at a flying j for more loads.

So I have recourse with the broker. The driver I sympathize with but he still should have not pulled what he pulled
Old 01-24-2008, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
This is something that needs to be handled by the proper authorities and not an angry vigilante committee. Call the Authorities and let them handle it.
I'm sure that there are facts that aren't known but after talking to the driver, it sounds like the only one not losing on this deal is the broker. As I said, there's probably more to the story that I haven't heard but it sounds like the driver was hung out to dry by the broker just like ddestruel was.
Old 01-24-2008, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by 12valve@heart
I'm sure that there are facts that aren't known but after talking to the driver, it sounds like the only one not losing on this deal is the broker. As I said, there's probably more to the story that I haven't heard but it sounds like the driver was hung out to dry by the broker just like ddestruel was.

yep the calmer i get about it and the more info ive gotten fromt eh authorities the driver wasnt helping the situation. but im washing my hands of it. i will be pursuing the broker. the driver should have planned things out better or at least dumped it at yellow freight but hes stuck like i am.

but this story is done
Old 01-24-2008, 04:22 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Lary Ellis (Top) has already warned you guys, let's keep this thread civil or it is going to be closed!
Old 01-24-2008, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by John_P
Lary Ellis (Top) has already warned you guys, let's keep this thread civil or it is going to be closed!
see previous post?he said he's done
Old 01-24-2008, 04:51 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by scootertrash35
see previous post?he said he's done
-----------
I sure hope so!
Old 01-24-2008, 05:43 PM

I am the guy the block was going to, I had big plans for it and need it or one like it. If someone gets it I am still interested in it? Dusty refunded me my money, I must say he is definitely a great guy to deal with and I am sorry he and I were treated like this.
Old 01-24-2008, 05:58 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Atleast this forum has stand up guys that handle there business how it should be. Hopefully this engine shows up at the right doorstep eventually.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:00 PM

The saga continues. JDGPuller & ddestruel check your PMs in a couple of minutes.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:36 PM

I hope we all get to hear the continuation of this. It has the makings of a great cliffhanger.

(keeping it civil for the mods and the good of the board)

Thanks
Old 01-24-2008, 06:43 PM

Cliffhanger just turned into half dome

"I just got home from work and called Charles (the driver) before unloading my truck and heading to OKC to get the motor. He's telling me that College Richards of Evolution Inc. came and picked up the crate this afternoon, put it on one of his own trucks, and left with it leaving Charles stranded in OKC out of fuel, out of money, and still owed his fuel reimbursement.

Not sure what the whole story is but either the motor is still headed to Virgina or someone is in possession of stolen property. DDestruel, it sounds to me like Charles could be an ally in your fight against the shipping company. He is mad at College, not at you."

Jay i owe you a beer or 24 someday we will meet. thank you for following up. Fortunately you didnt drive out there to get the thing........ either hes not where he said he was or theres some truth to his story. im on the west coast a long ways from the fiasco

i dont think anybody was too happy talking to me and im usually the most level headed hardest to irritate out of anyone you might know.

Like i said i cooled off now, college (the broker) still hasnt called me back but if the motor actually truely was picked up that would be an interesting twist, especially since 1300 lbs was on the ground and needed a hoist or something to get it up onto a truck ...... though things still all dont add up this now has me on the couch looking for the pork grinds.

i'll keep everyone posted on what develops.

Can anyone say DRAMA

Quick Reply: got a bone to pick with a LTL hauler