Towing and Hauling / RV Discuss towing and hauling here. Share your tips and tricks. RV and camping discussion welcome.

Flatbed

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2002, 11:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Flatbed

I have been hoping for a tree to fall on bed or a tractor/backhoe to hit it so I can get insurance $ to put flat bed on mine. I know it will be easier w/ goosenecks. <br>CH, yours looks good do you have a plan for mud flaps?
Old 11-11-2002, 02:01 PM

2 suppliers of flat beds here in Phoenix don't want the old bed they have a stack of them in their bone yards they can't sell. The price you paid is very close the quotes I have been getting.
Old 11-11-2002, 06:04 PM

Cattle Hauler, you should have taken our advice about the liscense plate position.
Old 11-13-2002, 05:25 AM

I really like the suggestion. I have been thinking seriously about it since I saw a brand new 2500 a couple of weeks ago with an aluminum flat on it. It had slide out tool storage on the sides in front of and behind the wheels. Sweet. Nice pictures Cattle Hauler.

The one I saw looked kinda like this one:

http://www.800toolbox.com/flatbed.htm
Old 11-13-2002, 11:50 AM

I wish all my trucks were flatbed bodies. The only trouble with a flatbed and a gooseneck is you cant have it longer than 10ft or the bed gets in the way when making tight turns. Another reason for a flatbed bodie is your fuel economy increases 2-3 mpg
Old 11-13-2002, 01:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Checked out a 2003 today runs quiet but DC still does does not have a cab/chassis available nor is a Quadcab cab/chassis going to be available. New frame system is a joke everthing is welded on but mounting of hitches and decks etc. is causing problems, dealers have very little informaton as to warranty on acceptable applications. It is no wonder Ford out sells DC they cater to industrial market and consider multi purpose body attachments. Any body who has owned a truck with a deck as stated in this post will realize the versatility and durability instead of paying for a over priced chunk of painted tin. I have been building a flat deck 6x8' for my 2500 so that I can haul 2 quads sideways, my 80 Gal. fuel tank, the slide in welder and a pop up 5th wheel. Wont be able to get it all on at once but it will take alot less time to get changed around on the deck. The best part is I will be able to park at the mall and if the over considerate idiots want to slam there doors into the deck go for it. PK
Old 11-16-2002, 11:57 AM

Does anyone have any recommendations on a flatbed with a round bale set up on it ? As far as this goes who makes the best dual pupose flat bed ?

Quick Reply: Flatbed