Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Towing and Hauling / RV (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/towing-hauling-rv-95/)
-   -   Flatbed (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/towing-hauling-rv-95/flatbed-19984/)

11-11-2002 05:45 AM

Flatbed

I higher recommend replacing your factor dually bed with a flatbed if you tow goosenecks and get in tight spots alots. Been hauling cattle for 5 years now and I should ahev put my flat on years agao. I got a lot less to worry about when backing my 24' gooseneck into barns and thou gates.

11-11-2002 05:48 AM

Re:Flatbed

Here is the link to my photos<br><br>https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...s.php?album=17<br>

Mule Skinner 11-11-2002 11:42 AM

I have been hoping for a tree to fall on bed or a tractor/backhoe to hit it so I can get insurance $ to put flat bed on mine. I know it will be easier w/ goosenecks. <br>CH, yours looks good do you have a plan for mud flaps?

11-11-2002 01:17 PM

[quote author=Horse Hauler link=board=11;threadid=6891;start=0#65123 date=1037036570]<br>I have been hoping for a tree to fall on bed or a tractor/backhoe to hit it so I can get insurance $ to put flat bed on mine. I know it will be easier w/ goosenecks. <br>CH, yours looks good do you have a plan for mud flaps?<br>[/quote]<br><br>yep, putting them on this afternoon. <br><br>You can sell your bed and get the money to buy a flat, I paid 1232.00 for my flat that inculed installing it. The flat cost $950 +225 installing + tax.<br><br>man I love that thing, I can't get over how much easiler the flat made my hauling. ;D ;D<br>

Mule Skinner 11-11-2002 02:01 PM

2 suppliers of flat beds here in Phoenix don't want the old bed they have a stack of them in their bone yards they can't sell. The price you paid is very close the quotes I have been getting.

Hired Gun 11-11-2002 06:04 PM

Cattle Hauler, you should have taken our advice about the liscense plate position. [laugh]

11-11-2002 07:20 PM

[quote author=Hired Gun link=board=11;threadid=6891;start=0#65280 date=1037059467]<br>Cattle Hauler, you should have taken our advice about the liscense plate position. [laugh]<br>[/quote]<br><br><br> [eyecrazy] [eyecrazy] [eyecrazy] we till didn't get the thing straight anyway, no Bublights before working on our trucks next time, hey coming to BMD this weekend? I am putting lights on the flat. We put the mud flaps and some lights on the flat this afternoon at BMD

Alan_Reagan 11-13-2002 05:25 AM

I really like the suggestion. I have been thinking seriously about it since I saw a brand new 2500 a couple of weeks ago with an aluminum flat on it. It had slide out tool storage on the sides in front of and behind the wheels. Sweet. Nice pictures Cattle Hauler.

The one I saw looked kinda like this one:

http://www.800toolbox.com/flatbed.htm

11-13-2002 05:45 AM

That was a nice flat on that top Dodge pic, have you called about a price?<br><br><br><br>I hang a cowbell yesterday, will get pics tonight

Muskrat 11-13-2002 11:50 AM

I wish all my trucks were flatbed bodies. The only trouble with a flatbed and a gooseneck is you cant have it longer than 10ft or the bed gets in the way when making tight turns. Another reason for a flatbed bodie is your fuel economy increases 2-3 mpg

P Kennedy 11-13-2002 01:27 PM

Checked out a 2003 today runs quiet but DC still does does not have a cab/chassis available nor is a Quadcab cab/chassis going to be available. New frame system is a joke everthing is welded on but mounting of hitches and decks etc. is causing problems, dealers have very little informaton as to warranty on acceptable applications. It is no wonder Ford out sells DC they cater to industrial market and consider multi purpose body attachments. Any body who has owned a truck with a deck as stated in this post will realize the versatility and durability instead of paying for a over priced chunk of painted tin. I have been building a flat deck 6x8' for my 2500 so that I can haul 2 quads sideways, my 80 Gal. fuel tank, the slide in welder and a pop up 5th wheel. Wont be able to get it all on at once but it will take alot less time to get changed around on the deck. The best part is I will be able to park at the mall and if the over considerate idiots want to slam there doors into the deck go for it. PK

XLCattleCo 11-16-2002 11:57 AM

Does anyone have any recommendations on a flatbed with a round bale set up on it ? As far as this goes who makes the best dual pupose flat bed ?

11-16-2002 12:40 PM

I perfer Gooseneck Brand flats, I have had two of there cattle goosenecks with the pipe sides and now this flat. <br><br>there website is below<br><br>www.gooseneck.net<br><br>Welcome aboeard again XLCattleCo good to talk to you again and seeing you post on DTR

11-16-2002 05:53 PM

New pics of my flatbed with the mudflaps and steerheads and the most important thing a BMD decal ;D

11-16-2002 06:01 PM

Cowbell hanging down from spear tire