Towing and Hauling / RV Discuss towing and hauling here. Share your tips and tricks. RV and camping discussion welcome.

Finally a proud owner of...

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 10:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally a proud owner of...

A like new Wilderness 27X Nothwest Edition, Double Insulated, seamless one piece rubber roof, seamless holding tanks, all kinds of up grades camping trailer, I'm like a lil dog, so excited I'm about to pee myself! If I posted the price you guys wouldn't believe me! lets just say its between the number 4 and 6. I just wanted to post and share with DTR my new to me toy! No more freezing my assets off at elk camp!
Attached Thumbnails Finally a proud owner of...-rig.jpg   Finally a proud owner of...-rig-2.jpg   Finally a proud owner of...-rig-3.jpg   Finally a proud owner of...-rig-4.jpg   Finally a proud owner of...-rig-5.jpg  

Old 12-22-2010, 11:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice! Hope you get to use yours more than I have mine. Had it for over a year now and used it twice.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:37 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Very nice!
Old 12-23-2010, 05:08 AM

Thanks, I'm so stoked... There maybe a lot of scams on Craiglist, but if you do your homework and catch people who "need money now"! "I'm not J/G Wentworth" but I offered what I could afford and they agreed, sometimes you get a steal for what your actually getting! I got the Anti sway/stabilzer hitch, leveling blocks, chock blocks, trailer cover and the whole 9... I may have had to drive from SWNM to PHX for it, but I was one happy puppy coming home... I almost felt bad. The guy was really nice and went through all the systems with my dad and I. AC, Heater, Refer was already going and cold, new tires with one trip on em'. This is one of my best Christmas's ever!
Old 12-23-2010, 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by OldDodgeOwner
Nice! Hope you get to use yours more than I have mine. Had it for over a year now and used it twice.
I get seven days off in a row every month, so I'm hoping I'll be able get out and use it like I want to this Spring, Summer, and fall... Oh and draw that elusive HD/HQ 16A Sept archery NM elk tag...
Old 12-23-2010, 05:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Both of my trips were pheasant hunting trips. I shot my elk about 10 miles from the house...
Old 12-24-2010, 06:57 PM

Nice trailer with Elephant Butte state park just around the corner I'm sure you get good use out of it.
I have been there two years ago and it was awesome park your RV right at the waterline and enjoy a beer do some fishing or just roast in the sun.
Old 12-25-2010, 08:19 AM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
That looks like a nice trailer. Apparently the previous owner took care of it.

Be sure to go over the roof and make sure the sealant is in good shape. If not, I'd recommend one of those 7 in 1 tools (blunt & stiff works well) and Dicor self leveling lap sealant for EDPM roofing.

Also if you have a Dometic fridge, be sure to check if it is part of the recall, and if that has been done.

Lastly, I'd be for cleaning and greasing the wheel bearings, new seals, and inspect and adjust the brakes. Much easier to do at home than on the side of the road.
Old 12-26-2010, 09:52 PM

Axle alignment and add shock absorbers also. Read up on tire issues: Older than 5-years, and, maybe, brand, are a problem widely reported.

Plenty of good advice on RV.Net

Good luck.
Old 12-27-2010, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Yeti41
Nice trailer with Elephant Butte state park just around the corner I'm sure you get good use out of it.
I have been there two years ago and it was awesome park your RV right at the waterline and enjoy a beer do some fishing or just roast in the sun.
I'm lucky, my dad actually bought a place there in Willaimsburg on the river, right below the butte, so after a day of catching white bass we go back there and fellet them up and UHMMmmmm... Your right though, they do have nice RV hookups there! Thanks for all the other input guys! I'll check into all that...