Towing and Hauling / RV Discuss towing and hauling here. Share your tips and tricks. RV and camping discussion welcome.

can i change single rear wheel to dually?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 05:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've thought about converting mine and then having a custom flatbed built. I had an '88 Ford F350 gasser with a flatbed and miss that truck.

I think a swb dually would be kind of interesting with a set of the new style '06+ or old style '03- fenders.
Old 10-28-2005, 05:52 AM

Here is some old pictures i had toolboxes made to go in between cab and rear tires i will try to get some new pics soon. the bed is all leds.

Old 10-28-2005, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by budsowner

Here is some old pictures i had toolboxes made to go in between cab and rear tires i will try to get some new pics soon. the bed is all leds.

Wow Buds, looks nice!!!

What adapters did you use?

What did you do about the fuel filler tube?

I am "in the process" well not really yet. My bed is going going gone tomorrow and then the fun begins.

I will be using Arrowcraft's kit which is running about $1100 bucks for the adapters, steel wheels and shipped to my door. I decided on 215/85/16 tires to get my RPMs up a little more for towing.

Wondering if I need a spare for the dually? How much can you "limp" if one of the dual rear tires goes out? If so, gotta figure out where to mount it.

Where did you get the "visor". I was planning on doing 3 "cab clearance" Peterson LEDs on the front chrome part of my bumper. I would like to do this relatively clean and legal too.

I'm thinking 4" circle LEDs for the rear stop/tail/turn and 2" circle LEDs for rear sidemarkers... mainly because I have them leftover from my old trailer.

Not sure what I really need for a rear bumper???

Mud flaps - not sure how these will be mounted but definitely gotta use these!

Old 10-29-2005, 03:35 PM

Arrowcraft adapters and for the people that do this with 17 wheels (because arrowcraft does not sell 17 " wheels) when you place your order at arrowcraft make sure you tell them to send you there chrome lugnuts because they are 5/8 shank and the company whoever you may go to get your wheels will not have the lugnuts they sell the standard 9/16 .Past experience.as far as the filleer neck i brought it up beside the light on the corner of my bed looks factory.I will get some pics of that some people get those gas kits and it puts it below the bed and they dont take fuel that good.As far the spare i had a dump truck that i uesd for roofing and it kept flat tires i just ran till i had time to fix it.For the isor i will have to dig up were i orded it from but it also has leds.My leds ar 10 times brighter than the factory lights you cant ride close to it at night the taillights are so bright.No need for a rear bumper.The mud flaps i used 2" wide 1/4 thick and as long as the mud flaps and i used stainless steel bolts on them the license plate and were that was on the bed.

Like i said earlier i have added toolboxes behind the rear door in front of the rear wheels i had to get the bed on then have them made to the space that was left.
Old 10-29-2005, 04:19 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

Buds,
That is one nice looking rig you got there.
If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for that setup (dually conversion and the bed).

MikeyB
Old 11-04-2005, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by MikeyB
Buds,
That is one nice looking rig you got there.
If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for that setup (dually conversion and the bed).

MikeyB
The bed with leds was 2900.00 the adapters was 606.00 shipped and the wheels was 1107. for the 4 wheels and the 2 steel wheels was 300.00 i din't want the factory wheels because there just skins over steel wheels.Arrowcraft din't sell 17 inch for dodge at the time i orded the kit i actually gave them the people i got mine from because i to call arrowcraft back and get the lugs nuts from them if you go with steel wheels they send you the lugnuts with the adapters.The lug nuts was 2.20 a piece for chrome lugnuts that had a shank and that was 5/8.