Bad night - Page 2 - Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Towing and Hauling / RV Discuss towing and hauling here. Share your tips and tricks. RV and camping discussion welcome.

Bad night

Old 12-05-2002, 11:48 AM   #17  

Re:Bad night

I think Ch is Irish. I know his luck is great. Ricki tell them about the pictures. I saw that on a thread a while back. This guy is good.<br><br>Ricki's head is swelling. Need a new hat by now!!!!!
Hired Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 07:49 PM   #18  

You know Ricky now that I think about it we could have gotten that peice off so much faster if we had a slide hammer. Was using a couple today to rebuild and old chrysler tranny and it hit me (this would have been perfect why didn't i think of this two weeks ago) oh well live an learn. Maybe it will save ome others some time.
oldred97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2002, 12:10 PM   #20  

Keep a 3' piece of 4&quot;x4&quot; lumber with you for those outside flats. Just drive the inside tire up on the lumber, no jacking involved ;D.
Stormin_Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2002, 12:19 PM   #22  

Why didnt I think of that. I do that when changing the duals on my 2394. Glad somebody thinks for us around here.
Hired Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 11:02 AM   #24  

[quote author=Cattle Hauler link=board=11;threadid=7872;start=15#75972 date=1039087289]<br>I have done both sides that way. There was no way to get the hub out of the wheel spindel with out seperateing the hub. I cleaned with brake cleaner and repacked the grease and used a manually press and pressed the 2 pcs back together. No problems at all<br><br>I did the driver side about 10,000 mile ago and last weekend when I changed the rotors that hub looked great, no grease leak, when I took out the ABS wheel sensor I could see grease still in there. I did the passenger side this same way last weekend.<br>[/quote]<br><br> Hauler;<br>I've got a puller that will take the hubs off easy ( usually without seperating the bearing ). After the bolts are out it takes about 60 seconds to pull the unit.<br>A local tire shop here in town call me when they have one of these to pull apart. Their to cheap to but a puller.<br>If you ever have to pull yours again call or pm me. Or any one else around here for that matter. ( it may cost you a cup of coffee or a 5.9 you know ) ;D<br><br> : Eddie : 8)
bulthisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 01:24 PM   #25  

Hey Eddie where were you when I called on the phone? And where were you when I emailed you? I went to Lexington and on up to have Tom fix my KDP and I wanted to stop in and have a visit with you. But I could not get an answer.<br>I forget the date but it was a week or two ago.<br><br>Oh Sick, Robert
OH  Sick is offline   Reply With Quote