Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Towing and Hauling / RV (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/towing-hauling-rv-95/)
-   -   Bad night (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/towing-hauling-rv-95/bad-night-20943/)

12-04-2002 05:32 PM

Bad night

Well I guess there is a first time for everthing, and hauling for 5 years I have been blessed by the Good lord. This afternoon in the snow/rain mix I loaded my truck and another guys with 35 head of feeder cattle, I was pulling out onto the main road and blew my driver outside rear tire. I had 17 head on my trailer and know that I would not be able to jack the truck up with the trailer hooked. I dropped the trailer loaded and called another boy to come and pick my load up. I was able to drove my truck back to my farm driveway and leav it there and continure to haul these 2 loads. <br>I guess the good thing about a daully is when you get a flat the truck os still driveable with the other wheel picking up the weight of the truck.

Hired Gun 12-04-2002 05:41 PM

Re:Bad night

Hey sorry for the bad day man. Just pull a tire and wheel from my trailer and use it. If it fits. I wont be after it until the roads get better. Snowing pretty hard here. :'( [laugh]

Shovelhead 12-04-2002 05:45 PM

It's good that it happened close to home.<br>It would seriously suck to have it happen in the middle of nowhere in a snowstorm.<br>You're making your guardian angel work overtime again. ;) [laugh]

12-04-2002 05:50 PM

Thanks HG, but I dropped my spare this evening when I got back in. <br><br>SH you are right, if that would have happened while I was on the road. I would have been in deep you know what.<br><br>I was only about 12 miles from my house and I had to go right by it on the way to the stockyards, so my buddy was behind me with me trailer and I dropped my truck off in the field as you come into my driveway. I called AAA and they were 3 hrs behind. I was hopeing they would come out and have it changed by the time I got back with those two runs.

Hired Gun 12-04-2002 05:52 PM

By the way, how is the hub and rotor holding up?

12-04-2002 05:56 PM

Greattttttttttttttttttttttt, no problems at all. Saved me about 400.00 do it that way :D

Hired Gun 12-04-2002 05:58 PM

I wish I would have meet you earlier. You could have saved me a bundle. Now I know who to beg for help. [eyecrazy]

12-04-2002 06:00 PM

That is what I am here for ::)

Hired Gun 12-04-2002 06:09 PM

Plus a good laugh. [laugh]

pappyman 12-04-2002 06:25 PM

Been there done that too....only I wasnt close to anything and it was wee hours of the morning...I now carry everthing needed to change a tire on the road =big jack =large lug wrench =mounted spare for Dodge and Trailer and a air compressor....Ive spend one too many nites along the road waiting for help...the one other tire accessorie I carry now is a set of tire cable chains (hate bein stuck too) [undecided]

Hired Gun 12-04-2002 06:29 PM

Pappyman you are like a tire center on wheels. You learn from experience. ;)

pappyman 12-04-2002 06:35 PM

Ive learned fast help only comes when you dont need it...when you really need help its slower then molasses in winter and for the $150 I spent for the tire stuff its paid for its self ;D

patriot pearl blue 12-04-2002 06:42 PM

[quote author=Cattle Hauler link=board=11;threadid=7872;start=0#75675 date=1039046166]<br>Greattttttttttttttttttttttt, no problems at all. Saved me about 400.00 do it that way :D<br>[/quote]<br><br><br>im always up for saving some cash ;D<br> what happened and how were you able to save some $$ moolah $$

Hired Gun 12-04-2002 06:55 PM

Cattle Hauler did some break work on his 99. The front hub was stuck too tight to come loose on the passenger side. We eventually seperated it to get it off. He simply took the hub, cleaned it, repacked and pressed it back together. I did the same thing, but was told to get a dealer part. It cost right at 400.00. I am still fumeing over that. Cattle Hauler has done this to the driver side as well. ;)

patriot pearl blue 12-04-2002 07:11 PM

lol- <br><br> sounds like the ******* got the best of you there-<br> thanks for the quick reply :)