Towing and Hauling / RV Discuss towing and hauling here. Share your tips and tricks. RV and camping discussion welcome.

Air bag control system

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 09:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Air bag control system

I now have air bags on all four corners of my truck but I would like to be able to control them from in the cab. I have looked at a few controllers but haven't found on I really like. I want to fill the back ones to the same pressures, but be independent. I want to do the same to the front as well.

Thanks
Old 09-04-2015, 01:55 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Zeb Christensen
I now have air bags on all four corners of my truck but I would like to be able to control them from in the cab. I have looked at a few controllers but haven't found on I really like. I want to fill the back ones to the same pressures, but be independent. I want to do the same to the front as well.

Thanks
The best way in my opinion is to make sure the system you get has some type of leveling valve the will distribute the air into the bags evenly. Theleveling valve will prevent air from one bag transfering to the other. I have thought about building my own on board system the way I want it, and it would be very easy to do .just my
Old 09-10-2015, 10:28 AM
Starter Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks
This may be overkill, but it is a 4 corner system. https://www.airliftperformance.com/p.../autopilot-v2/

We do have other options as well, let me know if you have any questions.
Old 09-10-2015, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by AirLiftCompany
This may be overkill, but it is a 4 corner system. https://www.airliftperformance.com/p.../autopilot-v2/

We do have other options as well, let me know if you have any questions.
This would work but believe it's a bit out of my price range. I could use a 2 path set up, ( one for the front and the other for the rear) but I would like to have something it the system that would make it so that the air can't ask go to one side, causing it to become unstable. My question is there a part that will fill 2 bags equally but independently?

Thanks
Old 09-10-2015, 02:45 PM
Starter Sponsor

This would work but believe it's a bit out of my price range. I could use a 2 path set up, ( one for the front and the other for the rear) but I would like to have something it the system that would make it so that the air can't ask go to one side, causing it to become unstable. My question is there a part that will fill 2 bags equally but independently?

Thanks
Unfortunately there is no way to stop the air transfer in a 2 path system. Here is a link to our manual system which has a much smaller price tag. https://www.airliftperformance.com/p...ir-management/

You could also piece together a system if you already have the tank and compressor.
Old 09-10-2015, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by AirLiftCompany
Unfortunately there is no way to stop the air transfer in a 2 path system. Here is a link to our manual system which has a much smaller price tag. https://www.airliftperformance.com/p...ir-management/

You could also piece together a system if you already have the tank and compressor.
Ok so I was looking on your website and I can't find the pieces that I would like. I think what I want to look into is 4 paddle switch, and two 0-100 dual needle gauges. Then I just need to find a place to put 5 air lines through the fire wall.
Old 09-11-2015, 07:05 AM
Starter Sponsor

This link should show you everything you need. https://www.airliftperformance.com/p...-and-switches/
Old 09-12-2015, 03:38 PM

Check with ACCUAIR, their system controls ride height, not air pressure to each bag individually. I have run the ACCUAIR system for about 40,000 miles, both towing 12,000 bumper pull trailer and empty with excellent results. This system is not cheap, but gives excellent results.