Suggestions, Comments and Site Questions Post your comments and suggestions here. We always want to improve the site.

Whoa!! the site really changed!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 04:16 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Alec
Well, I didn't have a chance to read through this whole thread, but I want to say that despite all of the things I don't like about change, or getting used to the new set-up, the fact that EMOTICONS ARE NOW INSERTED WHERE THE CURSOR IS just ROCKS!!

Thank You!

I'm with Alec on this one!

It took me all of 5 minutes to get used to the new layout. More features and everything seems to run just as fast as when we first got the new server. Great work Jack!
Old 09-02-2005, 05:00 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I think it looks awsome...good job guys
Old 09-02-2005, 05:23 PM
Banned

I like the added feature of being able to click on my name in the who's on line list and then being able to check on all of the threads I have replied to/ started, makes it real easy to find what I was looking at , commenting on and finding it again to check progress without having to subscribe or heaven forbid remember. Thanks to all dedicated to "bigger better faster more" for us.
Old 09-02-2005, 06:48 PM

The lastest of vBulletin... I've been waiting to see this for awhile actually. There's so many more choices or 'bells and whistles' that just makes the forums look all the more legit.

Here's a thought as well... As CTD_Nut was saying about the user titles, I think it's time we do a little modification. Having administrative experience from a previous opportunity, I know you can set as many different title ranks as you want. But it does become hard to decide on different titles. So I purpose we let us, the members, decide what the rankings should be.

IE.
0-50 posts=Newbie
51-100=Smoke Addict
101-250=Diesel Junky
251-500=BOMBer

...and so on and so forth. I just purpose that the members make some suggestions and the administration decide what ones to use.

Oh and also there are some vB mods which allow people to personally change their user title via their control panel. Then again there are also MANY other cool modifications if one dares to go that route.

Just something to think about here

Mike
Old 09-02-2005, 07:11 PM

this is great

Man I really like the new look. Good work. Once again I am impressed by this site!
Old 09-02-2005, 07:48 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm not sure if I like it as well as the old site.
One question- How do you mark posts as read? or did you get rid of that feature when you did the BOLD unread posts?
Thanks,
Mike.

PS- a big change from August 2001.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:45 PM
Chapter President

The site looks great!
Old 09-02-2005, 09:15 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ack!

It's all good and stuff, but is the location of the usernames/avatars permanent? I don't like it when the usernames are above the posts- I much rather prefer the usernames being off to the side. That way you get an uninterrupted flow of BOMB information, rather than having to skip over everybody's headers...

I mean, if you guys don't change it back to the way I like it, I'm going to just leave... Yeah, that's right, I'm going to leave...

(Keep up the good work guys, but I don't like the headers... And are the post counts going to stay for now, or are you going to get rid of those?)
Old 09-02-2005, 09:21 PM

Talking

Just testing, one, two, three, weeeeee
Old 09-02-2005, 10:17 PM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Begle1
Ack!

It's all good and stuff, but is the location of the usernames/avatars permanent? I don't like it when the usernames are above the posts- I much rather prefer the usernames being off to the side. That way you get an uninterrupted flow of BOMB information, rather than having to skip over everybody's headers...

I mean, if you guys don't change it back to the way I like it, I'm going to just leave... Yeah, that's right, I'm going to leave...

(Keep up the good work guys, but I don't like the headers... And are the post counts going to stay for now, or are you going to get rid of those?)
I suppose you could come change the code to how you like it.
Old 09-02-2005, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Jack Thorpe
I think for what you charge us to use this board, we can use whatever you give us.
Old 09-02-2005, 10:28 PM
DPG

Looks Good!!

DeWain
Old 09-02-2005, 10:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jack Thorpe
I don't think that you want to let me touch your code... The last person that asked me to help program things, well, I don't want you to get a subpoena in the mail.

Is the thread layout pretty fundamental to the new version of vBulletin? It bugs me...

But don't take my complaints as representing anything less than my total satisfaction and enjoyment of the website. Just total satisfaction without the proper thread format...

The other thing is that now I have to type twice as much to take up the same amount of space on the page...
Darnamit...
Old 09-02-2005, 11:23 PM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
yes, it is, so you're going to have to get used to it.
Old 09-02-2005, 11:29 PM

The whole thing changed right while I was making a reply. Also changed text size right in the middle of scroling down. Text has changed several times inthe last couple days.

good??? time will tell. I hope it's not

bentwings

Quick Reply: Whoa!! the site really changed!!