Suggestions, Comments and Site Questions Post your comments and suggestions here. We always want to improve the site.

Thank you DTR!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 04:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thank you DTR!

I found the "sticky" by jrs_dodge_diesel titled "What to do if your automatic transmission shifts in and out of Overdrive erratically" and after reading the part about the TC cutting out around 45mph, I thought "This is exactly what mine is doing!" Well, I dug the tools out, disconnected all of the six points one at a time and cleaned and sprayed them. I noticed on the PCM that the ground wire screw attaching to the firewall was quite rusty since it screws in at the windshiald wiper nest area and is exposed to the elements. I also found that the PCM mounting screw closest to the fender side was so loose that it was about to fall out. I sprayed and tightened that screw and cleaned the rusted one with a wire wheel in my drill. Put everything back together and my 99 Stage 2 beast has been shifting like new. The mounting block screw to the wire had oxidation formed on the galvanization so I wire wheeled that too. I made sure not to over do it and take the galvanization off. I want to thank you jrs_dodge_diesel for all of your professional knowledge and time to compile all of your helpful tips. In these days with the economy in the tank I am sure that dealerships are ripping as many people off as they can just to cover their overhead. I don't doubt that the dealer would be wanting to put me over a new trans behind that Cummins. I also want to thank all of the rest of you for all of the great contributions ya'll have made to this great site.

Frank in Humble, Texas
Old 06-19-2012, 06:48 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Glad we could be of service Frank

Jamie (jrs_dodge_diesel) is on a ship in the Coast Guard and recently took a couple big boxes of rose petals (thousands) that individuals had placed in the boxes one at a time, out to the Titanic sinking site and spread them across the water on the anniversary of the sinking.

He is a GREAT guy and I know he will be tickled to know he was able to help you out
Old 06-19-2012, 07:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thank you for the info Lary and it sounds like he is one heck of a great guy by paying tribute to the souls lost on that ship. I'll be hanging around here much more often now that I know there are such great people as Lary and, from your post count, you too.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:03 PM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I love hearing stories like this!
Old 06-20-2012, 01:52 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Frank, thanks for sharing your positive story on DTR with us!