Suggestions, Comments and Site Questions Post your comments and suggestions here. We always want to improve the site.

Reply question

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 06:45 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Reply question

Ok, when I reply to a qusetion or comment on this site, how do I get it so the person that I am replying too gets on the reply. I know, I probably didnt say that right but, for example....Mr. Jack Thorpe has a thread going and I want to copy what he said....and put it in my reply to the thread, how do I get it so his name is in the reply? What I have been doing is going down and copying what he said......then hitting the quote button and pasteing what I copied.....but then it only says in the reply "quote". How do you make it put in whom its from?

There I think I said it right that time...
Old 05-17-2004, 08:38 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Re: Reply question

Originally posted by GIT-R-DONE
Ok, when I reply to a qusetion or comment on this site, how do I get it so the person that I am replying too gets on the reply. I know, I probably didnt say that right but, for example....Mr. Jack Thorpe has a thread going and I want to copy what he said....and put it in my reply to the thread, how do I get it so his name is in the reply? What I have been doing is going down and copying what he said......then hitting the quote button and pasteing what I copied.....but then it only says in the reply "quote". How do you make it put in whom its from?

There I think I said it right that time...
You use the quote button to start with, and then type your reply after the other person's quote like this.

You can go in and edit out parts of the quote, but be sure to leave these two things alone... QUOTE].../QUOTE] They have to be in place ahead and behind the actual quote to work properly.

I hope this helps,

Lary
Old 05-17-2004, 08:39 AM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Instead of using the reply button, or the quick reply box on the bottom of the thread, you hit the "quote" button which is at the bottom right of every post. This will make it so their text is populated into your reply. You can then move it around and make it understandable for the next reader. I hope this helps.
Old 05-17-2004, 09:07 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Jack Thorpe
Instead of using the reply button, or the quick reply box on the bottom of the thread, you hit the "quote" button which is at the bottom right of every post. This will make it so their text is populated into your reply. You can then move it around and make it understandable for the next reader. I hope this helps.
ok so you hit the quote button, btm right, lets see if this puts your name in the post/reply. Maybe you need a place for us newbies to practice in...

or maybe you do and I dont know about it......thanks guys

Don
Old 05-17-2004, 09:20 AM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
See, there you go!

Works great.