Suggestions, Comments and Site Questions Post your comments and suggestions here. We always want to improve the site.

Non-professionalism

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2003, 07:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Non-professionalism

Pickle, be sure you know what you're talking about when you offer a complaint about something on the site. From Jack's conduct here, in being patient with you and trying to educate you, he has shown his personal integrity and benevolence to a dissenter (he does not HAVE to do it this way, he just does it that way). It should be obvious by now that Jack, as well as the moderators, do not have a problem with CONSTRUCTIVE criticism or suggestions, but be sure of you facts first. I dare say, if you have your information straight to start with, and present it rationally, they will listen objectively. That doesn't mean you will get your way, but it does mean your thoughts will be considered gracefully and with the benefit of this site in mind.

Jack, my compliments on your patience and generosity in dealing with often times inflamatory comments and topics, and my hat is off to you and the rest of the staff and moderators.
Old 11-05-2003, 09:30 AM

Well I dont speak out much, but I have had a difference with Jack and Top from time to time, but we always work it out through pm. Tempers do flare from time to time, but sensible minds do prevail. I do feel it needs to be kept private also. We never air laundry in open forums.

It is a great site. Now I own a chevy diesel, but I still come here to lend advice on things I know something about.

So when is the Duramax section coming back Jack?

Great site!
Old 11-05-2003, 11:41 AM

I am just a noobie here and not really qualified to speak on the mechanical side of a CTD or any of the other drivetrain parts. I am however somewhat good with the electrical and electronic portions. I have been coming to this site for advice on all the above and even topics that don't relate at all, jokes trailers and just saying hey. I have been edited a time or two and didn't take offense to it cause Jack took the time to explain the why's and how too's of this site. If I were to say anything about how jack runs his site, it would be in regards to how much space(that he pays for) he allows us to fill with this sort of crap. Jack your the man and your site it absolutely great. It speaks to all with no discrimination or bias and that is hard to find. Jack plays Mommy and Daddy for us of us over grown children and in my opinion does a veryu fine job of it. I would boot anyone who didn't take the hint cause I put up with it at work and wouldn't at home. You have a life and your opinion is yours but could you walk a mile in his shoes or atleast identify the problem and come up with a solution. Afterwards be man enough to accept no as the answer. Jack and all the other people behind the scenes, please PM me with any way I can help out with keeping this site around for my kids and my grandkids................
Old 11-05-2003, 11:55 AM

Pickle,
I must admit you have tremendous testicular fortitude. >Let me ask you do you in your place of employment, when the owner of your company makes a decision, do you gather up your friends/co-workers to form a mutiny? If you don’t like it here go start your own site and give averyone ten avatars.
Now can we all get back to what we all agree on such as tires, filters and oil.
Old 11-05-2003, 12:42 PM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have to say I have seen it before where alot of the newcomers seem to think they can ralley the troops for a coo.

Unfortunately the keyboard is a big shield in this game and respect is lost.. I highly doubt alot of these disputes would happen face to face. For those that want to make it a personal forum, you best move on. The original members come here to have fun and discuss our common interests, not bicker about details of visual aid. I am not saying I have not posted in a hurry without emotion, but we just have to step back and think about why we are here.

By Jack allowing this thread to continue, shows he is willing to accomodate us all, no matter when we joined or how we participate. That is professionalism.

Jason
Old 11-05-2003, 01:22 PM

I sure did miss all of the gossip around here. Surprised we haven’t heard any Hoss interpretations yet .

I have said it before and will say it again; I admire Mr. Thorpe for all of the hard work he, and all of the admins/mods, do for everyone on this site. I don’t think we can give enough appreciation for all of their hard work and all of the crud they have to put up with. Thanks, Matt
Old 11-05-2003, 02:24 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow....how did I miss this??

I vote that we ban Jack from the site!! ;D

[quote author=RATTLINRAM link=board=2;threadid=22008;start=0#msg205722 date=1067996075]Personally, I find this type of behavior from a member unacceptable.

Dennis
[/quote]

Hahaha.....THIS coming from a member whose flatulence nearly chased us all out of the Other forum a while back??!!
Old 11-05-2003, 03:00 PM

[quote author=matthopp link=board=2;threadid=22008;start=30#msg206096 date=1068060141]
I sure did miss all of the gossip around here. Surprised we haven’t heard any Hoss interpretations yet .

I have said it before and will say it again; I admire Mr. Thorpe for all of the hard work he, and all of the admins/mods, do for everyone on this site. I don’t think we can give enough appreciation for all of their hard work and all of the crud they have to put up with. Thanks, Matt

[/quote]

You spoke too soon... Sometimes $0.02 is just too much!
Old 11-05-2003, 07:38 PM

Jack, I WISH that I had you paitence (spelling), but I just realized that you are most likely sitting there LYAO. I say we put it to a member vote as to boot or not to boot, and a $1.00 DONATION from each member for EACH vote to help keep this site FREE for ALL, and you get to vote as many times as you want, $1.00 per vote.
NOW, the best oil filter is Fleetguard, best oil is BABY OIL
Old 11-05-2003, 08:21 PM
DPG

Wow! My ISP goes down for a day and I get 47 SPAMS, and I nearly missed this thread. I don't need to add anything here, Rattlin and the guys have said it all. Except to say that Pickles comments have left a sour taste in my mouth. But I do relish any further reparte' that might occur. (Sorry, I couldn't resist)

DeWain
Old 11-05-2003, 08:48 PM

Im not a big poster here, mostly cause Im less knowlagible, but I think Jack made a good decision and I respect it. I have owned and run several forums of my own and have had SOOOO many complaints by members, with dial-up, that the pages are loading too slow. I dont know what all the fuss is about...maybe cause i only read the first page!!!!

Just IMHO
Old 11-05-2003, 08:52 PM

I hope none of the other members, moderators, or administrators will take offense at this....I definitely agree with you guys - he certainly was out of line and went about things in the wrong way.....but I think if Mr. Thorpe is willing to overlook his indescretion, maybe we should give Pickle a bit of a break. People can and do make mistakes. Id tend to think he gets the picture and would take his comments back if he could.
Old 11-05-2003, 09:42 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ban Dr. Evil!!!! ;D ;D
Old 11-05-2003, 09:43 PM

I agree. Ive been in similar situations where I wished I could take back what Ive said, so Pickle (was it???) dont worry bout it.
Old 11-05-2003, 10:30 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I believe Pickle feels remorse from his statements and has made it clear to us in his last post or so. If he is like myself, he has a hard time admitting he is wrong and expresses it as such.
In the interest of keeping feathers un-riled and keeping Pickle as a member here, I think this post should be closed. He has been berated enough.

Mike

Quick Reply: Non-professionalism