Suggestions, Comments and Site Questions Post your comments and suggestions here. We always want to improve the site.

Non-professionalism

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2003, 06:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Non-professionalism

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...threadid=21911
I believe that we have an ineffective manager here in the person of Mr. Thorp. I have been in contact with Mr. Thorp over the last several days in order to reasonably resolve this posting issue. In these emails I found him to be unprofessional, hotheaded and rude in the extreme.
We need Mr. Thorp replaced. Can anyone suggest who I should contact regarding this?
Thank you for your time.
Old 11-04-2003, 06:37 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re:Non-professionalism

You would contact Jack Thorpe.

The sole owner of this site.

The guy that is paying for the bandwidth the big avatars are eating up.

If you have a personal problem with a board member, it is better left to email or personal messages (PM's), not posted on the board.

phox
Old 11-04-2003, 06:41 PM

Hmmm, shame. But it apparently it is his ball and if he wants to take it and go home, it is his right -- albeit juvenile.
The case of the bandwidth and pictures is not persuasive. The pictures are links to other sites holding the bandwidth of the pictures.
Old 11-04-2003, 06:43 PM

Yup,,,Jack is the owner and makes decisions on bandwidth in regards to avatars and their size. It's good to be the king.
Old 11-04-2003, 06:45 PM
Administrator

I wasn't aware they were stored elsewhere and just linked to,
but still, it is his board and he can do pretty much whatever he wants.

Have to realize that he is trying to cater to everyone, from 2400 baud dialup users to mega high speed T3 users.

Big pics slow the site down to a crawl for the poor folks still using modems.

phox
Old 11-04-2003, 06:52 PM

[quote author=Gonzo link=board=2;threadid=22008;start=0#msg205690 date=1067993024]
Yup,,,Jack is the owner and makes decisions on bandwidth in regards to avatars and their size. It's good to be the king.
[/quote]
Indeed, but kings can be overthrown if found to be not worth their while.
I think this site provides a fine resource and would miss not having it. I think, though, that its mis-handling could cause the loss of valuable members.
Old 11-04-2003, 07:13 PM

[quote author=Pickle link=board=2;threadid=22008;start=0#msg205693 date=1067993541]
[quote author=Gonzo link=board=2;threadid=22008;start=0#msg205690 date=1067993024]
[/quote]
Indeed, but kings can be overthrown if found to be not worth their while.
I think this site provides a fine resource and would miss not having it. I think, though, that its mis-handling could cause the loss of valuable members.
[/quote]

You gotta be kidding. Jack's not such a bad guy, he has not locked you out yet has he. If it was my board you would be gone. You don't get it do you. You're a guest on his board. I have been on this board for a long time and you are the first that I have seen coming down on him like your are. "Juvinile" you say, get a life. I am amazed to see such trash as you are posting.
Old 11-04-2003, 07:17 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've been a member on this board since almost day 1. I have dealt with Jack on numerous occasions and have to disagree with your assumption of Jack. This board would not be here if it wasn't for the hard work that he has put in from the beginning. He is an upstanding person in regards to all aspects of professionalism. When this board was smaller, Jack could individually PM someone about their post. With the size it is now, this task would take up too much time.
Phox is correct about keeping it between you two. An open forum is not the place to raise this issue. It seems that you might be the only one that has a problem with this policy. If you want to place big pics on a post, start your own web site.
No offense meant.

Mike

Old 11-04-2003, 07:19 PM

I am merely interested in invoking a provocative discussion that I see as usefull. I do [Haulin in Dixie]have a life, and part of it is the interest in these topics.
Mike:
You make a good point in that this issue should be held in private conversation: it is between him and me. I disagree in that it doesn't just involve me, but many others. Perhaps he needs to hear what folks think.
Old 11-04-2003, 07:28 PM

Your welcome, Jack. I hope it proves constructive also.
Old 11-04-2003, 07:28 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts

Pickle, I find it mind boggling that you would attack the OWNER of a site like you have been doing. An owner can do whatever he wants. I am extremely surprised that he has not canned you a long time ago. This fine site has many members with a very diverse background, education, experience etc. It is a total impossibility that Jack can please all of us. Of course we will disagree at times, but darn it all, can't we agree to disagree agreeably? Antagonistic and inflamatory words such as yours are not wanted on a site such as this.
My suggestion to you: shut up or go away before you get turfed!
Old 11-04-2003, 07:29 PM

Pickle, dude, let's set aside the fact you're upset about some tiny, hard-to-see, lo-res avitar pictures being deleted. Fact is Jack owns this site. It's his URL, & his server; you're a guest. There's no overthrowing as you suggest. Now I guess you might be upset because you've donated to support the site and defray costs, and feel that maybe your opinion should count, right?..
Old 11-04-2003, 07:34 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry,
I just put Mr Pickle on mute. I didn't realize that Jack was on here. I will leave it up to the boss as to whether Mr. Pickle needs to be un-muted.
Personally, I find this type of behavior from a member unacceptable.

Dennis

Quick Reply: Non-professionalism