Suggestions, Comments and Site Questions Post your comments and suggestions here. We always want to improve the site.

How do the reputation points work??

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 01:59 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
I am glad they are gone because I was afraid I might slap somebody if they told me "I was a shining beacon of light" to my face Which is what the green dots said under my name
Old 06-10-2007, 02:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
first my posts....now my green square? NOT COOL!
Old 06-10-2007, 02:43 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Jack Thorpe
I've actually turned this system off as of this weekend.
Hallelujah!
Old 06-10-2007, 02:55 PM

whats next? signatures deleted? lol
Old 06-10-2007, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
I am glad they are gone because I was afraid I might slap somebody if they told me "I was a shining beacon of light" to my face Which is what the green dots said under my name
I thought about stopping in next week while I was passing through to see how bright you shone.
Old 06-10-2007, 04:00 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by bigredBCS
Unfortunately when you deal with children as much as we do here, you have to make changes in order to try to keep things on an adult level.
Old 06-10-2007, 05:14 PM

Re-registering would have gotten you banned as the forum rules clearly state no multiple user names and YES we can tell when a person does that.

Again those points had NOTHING to do with the Admins, everybody started out with 10 points and it would go up or down depending on how other members rated your posts.

Of Course thanks to Jack, I no longer have to explain this stuff 25 times a week
I was kidding. My hope is that I wouldn't be kicked off this site. Although when I posted my first link to youtube I thought I might be on my way out. Had no idea there was bad language below the video. Now knowing this there are so many cool videos with idiots using fowl language. It's too bad youtube can't learn a few things from DTR!!!!
Old 06-10-2007, 06:26 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by drewallen42
I was kidding. My hope is that I wouldn't be kicked off this site. Although when I posted my first link to youtube I thought I might be on my way out. Had no idea there was bad language below the video. Now knowing this there are so many cool videos with idiots using fowl language. It's too bad youtube can't learn a few things from DTR!!!!
You don't have anything to worry about, the guys that get kicked are the ones that are incapable of controlling themselves. We all make mistakes and we expect you to from time to time as well.

Our problems are from people who go out of their way to be a problem
Old 06-10-2007, 07:44 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
And believe me, I've seen some of those guys go... They must have been incapable of any sort of common sense or rational thought.

I liked the rep's, not to mention my old post count, but... WAIT!! This ain't my house, it's Jack and Lary's. They want to redecorate, fine by me!

(just don't B1 me...)
Old 06-11-2007, 12:17 PM
Banned

DARN, I was a diamond in the rough before you turned it off. poop
Old 06-11-2007, 01:50 PM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
You don't have anything to worry about, the guys that get kicked are the ones that are incapable of controlling themselves. We all make mistakes and we expect you to from time to time as well.

Ah, yes! And I have made my share... but the reason we are here to to share valuable info with each other and have some fun along the way.

And then some feel their input is somehow tied to their ego and when their point goes down the tubes so does their ego and then they can't control themselves in order to restore their ego... happens everywhere all the time.

You guys have a great site-- hope you got my contribution to the server fund.

Thanks!
Old 06-12-2007, 11:33 PM

I've actually turned this system off as of this weekend. There is too much misunderstanding around it, and it gets abused constantly. On top of that, we got a lot of complaints from people who thought the moderators were assessing negative points against our users when we really weren't.
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-12-2007, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by bigredBCS
Gawd, I hope so. Some folks just don't know when to stop with 'em.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thank You Jack!!

I had someone gave me a bad rep cause they thought my truck was ugly BUT the rep points also told me who actually knew their stuff. Some people abused it and now we all pay. I thank you for giving it up. Give a foot, they take a mile.

Thanks,

Jon
Old 06-13-2007, 10:35 PM

Exclamation

I've actually turned this system off as of this weekend. There is too much misunderstanding around it, and it gets abused constantly. On top of that, we got a lot of complaints from people who thought the moderators were assessing negative points against our users when we really weren't.
Great .... I wanted to leave VERY positive feedback for a fellow member BUT guess he will just have to be without. As I see it the 'crap-ola' being left by less than intelligent members should result in suspension of the perpetrator's posting privileges for at least one month for the FIRST offense and then radically increasing dead time for each subsequent infraction until the 3rd or 4th - then TOTAL dis-barrment.

Quick Reply: How do the reputation points work??