Suggestions, Comments and Site Questions Post your comments and suggestions here. We always want to improve the site.

Ford/DMax?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2003, 07:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford/DMax?

This site is growing at a nice pace! Great work guys!<br>So the billion dollar question:<br><br>Are we going to see some Ford/Dmax forums added to the main area sometime? I think it would be a nice addition! We are the &quot;diesel truck resource&quot; afterall... Just wondering... <br><br>of course it may get a little interesting with all the people that bash each other's brands....
Old 07-08-2003, 08:29 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re:Ford/DMax?

Hey Folks,,,,,,,,
Maybe you didn't notice,,,, : but we already have Ford and GM owners who are posting members of the site. ;D And so far, there has been none of the hard-head bashing going on,,,,,, some good humor jabs every once and a while,,,, but nothing that has got out of hand. Even I have made some light hearted digs at one time or another. But the point is,,, no matter what the brand, most of the folks that buy a diesel are looking for the same kind of shared conversation. That is diesel engines and the power they make for our needs.
I can only think of a very limited few occasions when nonsense from some of the other internet diesel sites has been dragged over here, only to be stopped in its tracks.
I would almost guarantee that 99% of the members on this site would rather not put up with that kind of behavior either and I have read many posts concerning this very subject. This makes our jobs as Moderators and Administrators a whole lot easier! ;D
I can promise you one thing,,,,,,,, If,,,,,,,, and I did say IF,,,,, this site was to give the GM and Ford folks a little space for a forum or two in the future,,,,,,, The attitude of how we run this site will not change. We will continue to improve on the content, quality and family type camaraderie that has been the agreed direction for the future of this web site.

Old 07-08-2003, 08:31 PM

OOops! Guess I missed that one Gary... ;D

sounds good to me Rattlin'... ;D
Old 07-08-2003, 08:37 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[move],,,,,,,,,,,,,,, (Yeah,,,,,,,,, I stole that little bearded guy from Ed) ;D [/move]
Old 07-08-2003, 08:42 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Dennis............. : ;D

Old 07-08-2003, 09:49 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

DTR stands for Diesel Truck Resource, I think it makes good sense to open up some Ford and Chevy forums so those guys have a quality forum to attend as well.<br><br> It is all about information anyway, and as Dennis has already stated, we will still moderate this place as we always have, any troublemakers can go make trouble elsewhere
Old 07-08-2003, 09:59 PM
DPG

Sorry Top, but I agree with Dennis. I come to this site because of the family atmosphere, and because it is Dodge/Cummins specific. IMHO, I don't want to sift through topics that deal with the other diesel, or even gasser topics. I like things the way they are. &quot;If it ain't broke, don't fix it.&quot;<br><br>DeWain<br><br>P.S. Tony: WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?????? ;D
Old 07-08-2003, 10:03 PM

[quote author=DPG link=board=2;threadid=16842;start=0#157937 date=1057719554]<br>&quot;If it ain't broke, don't fix it.&quot;<br><br>DeWain<br><br>P.S. Tony: WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?????? ;D<br>[/quote]<br><br><br>I thought it was &quot;fix it 'till it's broke?!&quot; ;D
Old 07-08-2003, 10:39 PM

[quote author=DPG link=board=2;threadid=16842;start=0#157937 date=1057719554]<br>Sorry Top, but I agree with Dennis. I come to this site because of the family atmosphere, and because it is Dodge/Cummins specific. IMHO, I don't want to sift through topics that deal with the other diesel, or even gasser topics. I like things the way they are. &quot;If it ain't broke, don't fix it.&quot;<br><br>DeWain<br><br><br>[/quote]<br>Thats what I think but I would look to see the chevy/ford forums up by mid to late summer maybe :'(
Old 07-08-2003, 10:45 PM

I only come here because it IS a DODGE Website
Old 07-08-2003, 11:43 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

I don't know any definitive answer to anybody's concerns about this issue, We may or may not open up forums to the other brands. It has been discussed at length and nobody thinks it will be easy.<br><br> But if that does happen it will be separate from these forums and it would be as simple as not entering that area. Nobody will have to look at anything they don't want to, and if anybody were to try and create havoc, it would be swiftly dealt with.<br><br> All of us here love what we have and don't want to see it ruined. You can bet that every thing would be done to assure that it stays this way. Including bringing on new Moderators and changing the rules to preserve the integrity of the site.<br><br> Change can be good, as long as you don't forget the lessons already learned. We all seem to agree on the fact that keeping it family oriented is the best way to go. And every family has more than one vehicle.<br><br> It will not become a problem, simply because it won't be allowed to. I am not saying it will be easy, but anything worthwhile seldom is.<br><br>
Old 07-09-2003, 02:18 PM

Inspiration ??? your gonna eat them words when you find out I'm a member of KYDTR ;D They keep haveing these private meetings and I'm not alowed J/K<br>DM01 <br>PS I don't really care for the DM/PS stuff on KYDTR either [undecided]

Quick Reply: Ford/DMax?