Suggestions, Comments and Site Questions Post your comments and suggestions here. We always want to improve the site.

Dtr

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 12:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dtr

When I joined Dtr I did so with the intentions of learning something about my truck.
I've owned 4x4s for the past 20 years. All types and configurations. Suffice it to say having previously owned a gas Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 that produced 347rwhp out of a 318 ci. I figure that classifies me as a motor head.

Your forums seem very informative and packed with technical information though your chat room seems lacking in discipline. When a serious technical conversation cannot happen because there is too much b.s. then there is really no reason for me to be there.

Am I correct loch, IA_ James, SNOWMAN?

I'm not really HOT just severely disappointed that your chat room was too busy b.s. ing that they failed miserably to uphold DTR standards (only from what I've read on DTR forums) last night and failed to help joshuah(guest) in a timely and professional manner.

Maybe I'm just expecting too much! Or expecting more!

R.L.Brown
Old 01-24-2005, 01:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
try an aim chatroom.
Old 01-24-2005, 12:43 PM

I've never even tried a chatroom, I guess I figured that all of them were just full of people BS'n on all different forums. IMO if you want a questions answered best way would be to post it in the appropriate forum and if you want more traffic I guess drop a line in the chat room linking to it.
Old 01-24-2005, 01:10 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
runamuk,
The chat room can often get very busy with multiple conversatios going on at once.
If theres a chat that needs immediate and focused attention, perhaps that particular discussion can be moved to the "Time Out" chat room?

Just an idea.
Rich.
Old 01-24-2005, 01:25 PM

Originally posted by DieselDaze
runamuk,
The chat room can often get very busy with multiple conversatios going on at once.
If theres a chat that needs immediate and focused attention, perhaps that particular discussion can be moved to the "Time Out" chat room?

Just an idea.
Rich.
www.aim.com

might be new to some of you older guys
Old 01-24-2005, 03:13 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Yes you are expecting too much. I was in there the night you were running off at the mouth about how your Daddy got medals in Vietnam for tossing people out of helicopters. If that doesn't qualify as BS, then I don't know what does.

The chat room is exactly what it's name implies a place to go chat, there are no set rules on the subject content, other than we expect you to behave yourself. Nobody in chat is under any obligation at any time to "try and help someone". You are completely off base if you think any body here OWES you or anybody else an answer to your questions in chat.

Having said that I know for a fact that most people go out of their way to help when they can, but again they are not under obligation to stop conversing with their friends to help you. The forums here serve that purpose, as you yourself already know all too well.

If you still feel that anybody in chat OWES you anything, then I would suggest you go find another place to hang out as you are placing far too much expectation on the reality of the situation.
Old 01-24-2005, 05:48 PM

Thumbs down

That's pretty aggressive talk from runamuk. At least from somebody who's name does not appear on the New Server Donations List, according to his first signature at least. I think the folks that run this site with the equipment they have are doing a great job. I like the comment made to the fact that: "if every member would donate $10.00" (phox_mulder) there would be a fantastic server online and every option available probably all the time. I for one am very happy with the way the board operates and will keep hanging out here, donating when I can, posting probably more than I need and eagerly waiting the new equipment. Please keep up the great work gentlemen, and by the way... THANKS for a job WELL DONE.
Sincerely,
Tim Laczek
Old 01-24-2005, 10:25 PM

First of all as I said, I'm not HOT just dissapointed.

Secondly my dad never tossed any enemy out of a helicopter, he has seen it done.
The only guys that dad tossed out of a helicopter were 6 injured special forces guys in a desperate attempt to save their lives. Before he was crushed against the tree that the helicopter had crash landed into. The injured special forces guys insisted on flying cover until a second rescue crew showed up to rescue my dad.
Thanks guys. You ought to see him with his grand kids now!
3 tours, 3purple hearts, 2 silver stars, bronze cross tucked away in the attic in an old suitcase.

Thirdly NO B.S. NO games

P.S. Please note there is a $50.00 dollar donation towards your server in my name
Old 01-24-2005, 10:29 PM
Administrator

Thank you for the donation.

The chat room is very much an extension of the "Other" forum.

Not necessarily truck talk, just general bull poopy.

Kinda like a get together at the corner bar and shoot the breeze.

99% of the time there isn't even a moderator present, I know I don't ever have time to go there.
Don't much like chat rooms anyway,
it's very hard to keep track of the multiple conversations going on.

phox