Suggestions, Comments and Site Questions Post your comments and suggestions here. We always want to improve the site.

*** Read this message please, important ***

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2003, 02:52 AM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
*** Read this message please, important ***

I've recently been notified by the family of one of our members here that this member has been receiving very nasty emails from other members because of his position on the United Nations. <br><br>Firstly - I find it sickening that someone would be stupid enough to do such a thing. This leads me to think that the intellectual capacity of the people doing this is that of a small child whos brother just took the toy truck from his hands. In case you didn't know, this person has been in a very serious accident recently, and I've been in contact with this member's family. The last thing his family needs is nasty emails from losers who can't come to terms with the fact that there are people in the world who may have an opinion that differs from their own.<br><br>Secondly - I am collecting as much information as possible from this incident, and if I find out who sent these emails, I will report that person(s) to the authorities and ban that person(s) from the site immediately with no ability to return. No excuses, no questions.<br><br>Thirdly - I started this site for a number of reasons. One of them was to get away from things like this. I find it extremely disappointing that we have losers like this among our membership. I've always been proud of the fact that our members were a step above, and wouldn't stoop to such things. I still think that the majority of the members ARE a step above, and will do anything to help a fellow DTR member. To think that we have such people in our family of members makes me truely sick to my stomach.<br><br>Fourth - At this time, I'm not going to stop people from posting their views about the war. This is a very frustrating time for all of us, whether you agree with the war or not. At least show respect for your fellow members when they disagree with you and argue your point intelligently. If you don't have the mental capacity to do so, then LEAVE this site, and don't come back. While I'm at it, for those of you who seem to want to complain about every little quirk this FREE website has, then leave, and don't come back. If you don't like the way we run this site, and our chapters, and all you want to do is complain without providing suggestions for improvement, then start your own and go away. We try and accomodate everyone when possible, and we work hard at making this a fun and informative place to visit without being insulting to people at every corner. Many people don't understand the time involved by the people who contribute to this place. Many also don't understand the ramifications that their words may cause. THINK before you post something, or before you send an email to a fellow member. If you're upset, then understand that you're responsible for your actions when responding to someone here both legally and morally. Also remember that when you think about the priorities of life, this website should not be high on the list.<br><br>Lastly - I think I've made very clear the fact that this kind of conduct will not be tolerated here. For those of you who are able to respect others for their opinions, this message doesn't apply to you, and I appreciate your contribution to the site as always. However, this message IS directed to those of you who can't seem to understand that people in the world will not always agree with you, and who have to stoop to such a ridiculous level. Make sure you understand clearly that I will do whatever it takes to prevent such incidents in the future. I suggest you read through our site rules, and our privacy policy. Information on this site is owned by me once posted, and I have every right to take legal and appropriate measures to protect this site, and the people who visit this site. I will do so without hesitation.
Old 03-22-2003, 06:34 AM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:*** Read this message please, important ***

Jack I truly hope you find this narrow minded member and band him from this site....this site is here to help members and sending hate mail about any kind of deferent view is childish
Old 03-24-2003, 12:14 PM

Go get 'em Jack. That really stinks that people would do something so pre-school. My students have more respect than this.
Old 03-24-2003, 01:34 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

Gee whiz Jack, you didn't leave any pieces for me to pick up

Nothing I could add to what Jack so eloquently put down in words there. Respect is the very least we should all give each other in these public forums.

But I do want to chime in and thank all those great members we have here, I know everybody hears me when I am angry about something, but it isn't as easy to let you all know how much you are appreciated.

We have over 4,500 members here now, and the number of those who act up or are in general &quot;disrespectful&quot;, is a very very small number.

Thanks to all of you fine people that share your information openly, and discuss the issues in a respectful manner. It is you members that make DTR successful.
Old 03-24-2003, 01:48 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

well said Jack
Old 03-24-2003, 01:54 PM

When I was growing up, we were taught tolerance, respect, and compassion for others. The importance of this was to increase the knowledge and life quality of EVERYONE in our society - lessons I firmly believe in today. The situation in the world should be ample reminder of what closed-mindedness and intolerance (bigotry) lead to, and it is not the kind of world most of us want. Jack, you have my support, and thanks for a well-run site. You have put it about as plain as it can be - we don't need or desire those types of people on our site. I hope you catch the individuals involved, and that they receive the appropriate repercussions for their actions. Keep up the great job Jack, Top, et al.
Old 03-24-2003, 07:20 PM

It really makes a person feel good knowing there are places like this site, but when some person has the immaturity to behave in such a manner, and to attack the beliefs of a fellow member of these United States, it just makes me feel sick.
Old 03-24-2003, 07:49 PM
DPG

Jack,<br>I truely hope that there is a way to track down the person (or people) who sent those e-mails and hold them responsible. <br>As for the whiners, I feel exactly the same way you do. As a matter of fact, I can't find a thing that I've ever read written by you that I don't agree with whole-heartedly. If there is anything that I can do to help out, just call on me. I almost feel guilty using this site for free!<br><br>DeWain
Old 03-24-2003, 09:24 PM

I thought we all signed up for Diesel Truck Resource and info on diesel trucks and related topics, if a soap opera is needed watch TV. PK
Old 03-24-2003, 09:41 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts

Jack:<br><br>I agree, well said!! <br><br>-------<br>John_P
Old 03-24-2003, 10:04 PM
Banned

VERY WELL SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <br><br><br>Wes
Old 03-27-2003, 01:03 AM
Chapter President

Nicly put! I hope you do find out who the culprate (s) are, there is no need for that kind of crap! Everyone is entitled to the own opinion and last I checked this is &quot;AMERICA&quot;, Freedom of speach is high in my book! <br><br>My thought's and prayers go out to the family, and to the member for a speedy recovery! Get well soon.
Old 04-13-2003, 09:37 PM

I would like to thank all the people who have contributed to this site. It has been very fun and resourceful. It is to bad when people let their emotions get in control. Thanks again!<br>Scooter
Old 04-13-2003, 09:44 PM

very well said and i wish 4 the best 4 the family of our injured member. i just hope it wasnt my post that stirred all this trouble up ..... if so i am sorry ......scott
Old 04-13-2003, 10:16 PM

I think it's great that even though we're getitng this big, we can take steps to eliminate this kind of behavior. I commend Jack on his actions to find out who this was and ban them.<br><br>Too often a site grows too fast and you lose that quality of content being posted. That's one of the things I love about this site. No matter how big it gets, it still feels like we're all a part of a community because of good moderators.

Quick Reply: *** Read this message please, important ***