Site News News and updates about the site.

DieselTruckResource.com joins Four Wheeler Magazine in project!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2004, 10:14 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Thumbs up DieselTruckResource.com joins Four Wheeler Magazine in project!

DieselTruckResource.com in cooperation with Four Wheeler Magazine is delighted to announce the "Baja Bomber" project truck.

The Baja Bomber is designed to survive the grueling and harsh terrain associated with the Baja 500 as a chase vehicle for the T-Rex Baja 500 race team. What better platform for power and dependability, than the awesome Cummins turbo charged diesel engine...

Heading up the project as the "Master Bomber" is our own Scott Pirsak, well known for his innovative Scotty Air Systems and Wildcat Diesel Performance Products.

The term B.O.M.B. (better off modified baby) is attributed to Scotty as one of the original diesel performance pioneers in the world. His job is to assemble some of the worlds leading performance products into one rock solid, dependable off road truck, with the power to tackle anything the baja can dish out.

The "Baja Bomber" began it's life as a stock 1999 Dodge Ram 2500 performing well in that capacity, until it fell into the hands of Robin Stover (Feature Editor Four Wheeler Magazine) and the "Baja Bomber" project was born.

Scotty contacted us here at DieseltruckResource.com to help pull together the Vendors who would be doing the work on the "Baja Bomber", thus transforming it from a stock vehicle, to the snarling, off road hungry beast it is today.

Over the next few weeks it will be taking on many new improvements, culminating in an appearance at May Madness in Vegas. You will be able to see the "Baja Bomber" taking on some of her new modifications by Mild To Wild Diesel Performance and T-Rex at the T-Rex Suspension display Booth.

There will be a series of 7 articles detailing the modifications and improvements to the "Baja Bomber"starting in the September issue of Four Wheeler Magazine. You can see a projects introduction segment in the July 4th edition of Four Wheeler magazine, Also for you Diesel drag fans the "Baja Bomber" will be racing at May Madness. You can also see coverage from the Cummins Rocky Mountain Truck Fest at Bandimere speedway, in the June issue of Four Wheeler Magazine.

Want to get a picture of your truck in Four Wheeler Magazine? Here is your chance! We will be meeting at Bobs All Family Restaurant 761 Nevada Hwy Boulder City, NV 89005-2335 Saturday morning between 9:30 and 10:00 am May 8th. After brunch we will caravan up to bootleg canyon for a photo opportunity and to do a little light off roading.

We want to surround the "Baja Bomber" with as many DTR member trucks as possible for these pictures, so be there! This will be a great opportunity for the Las Vegas Chapter DTR #16 to sign up new members! And for all of us to see some new faces. See ya in Vegas!

Four Wheeler Magazine wishes to thank the following sponsors for their dedication to the project;

DieselTruckResource.com
Rock Star Trux
Scotty air systems
WildCat Diesel performance
DTT Diesel Transmission Technology
Don Morrison
T-Rex Engineering
TST
ARB
Precision Gears
Weld racing
Toyo Tires
Fox Racing Shox
F1 Diesel
Walker Engineering
Mag-Hytec
Borgeson
Magnaflow
Turbo Auto Diesel
Mild To Wild Diesel Performance
Diesel Power Products
DMH Performance
Advanced Turbo Systems
Pac Brake
Poison Spyder Customs

Photography courteous of Four Wheeler Magazine3
Old 04-16-2004, 10:16 AM
Admin Team Leader

Picture #2
Old 04-16-2004, 10:17 AM
Admin Team Leader

Picture #3
Old 04-16-2004, 10:50 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
That is GREAT!
Its great to see DTR get an opportunity to get some press time.

I hope as many of you can make it to May Madness as possible! I'll be there!

Thanks to Lary, Scotty and all of the participating vendors for making this possible.

Rich
Old 04-16-2004, 11:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so better post subscription info just for drill LOL
Old 04-16-2004, 11:22 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
In addition to this we are working on the T Rex BAJA truck with more manufacturers you are familiar with...

Once we have the complete pkg on those involved, Lary will get it posted here.

Thanks to the folks at Four Wheeler and DTR for giving all these manufacturers a great opportunity for exposure!

Scotty
Old 04-16-2004, 12:10 PM
DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We are very excited about the opportunity to participate in this build up even though our contribution is not huge.

We are supplying the EDM injectors. I have been working up a special set just for the Baha Bomber using everything we can technically throw at it With everyone else that is "throwing in" on the build of this truck...the results will be amazing.

Im glad Kurt and Turbo Auto Diesel are working on the B-1 line of turbos on the project. We loved the testing results we got using the B-1 in portions of our injector development.

The DTT tranny is full boat. Total build from the ground up with all Billet parts that need it.

The other vendors involved will be pleasure to meet at May Madness.

Don~
Old 04-16-2004, 12:58 PM

This is exciting, it will be great to follow along on the buildup.
Truck looks Awesome.
Old 04-16-2004, 01:16 PM

Baja Bomber

Thanks to Scotty for getting us involved to help sponsor the Baja Bomber project truck. We are looking forward to participating in the project and seeing results of the Turbo Air Guide along with all the other modifications. Good luck guys.
Old 04-16-2004, 07:00 PM

Cool!

I would be happy to volunteer my truck for the next test bed
Old 04-17-2004, 12:57 PM
DPG

Great looking truck! I really wish that I lived closer to the action. I can't wait to follow the developments on this project.

DeWain
Old 04-19-2004, 10:55 AM

Thanks to everyone involved in the project!
I hope to reviel the Diesel enthusist industry to the mainstream four wheeling market.
Along the way I look forward to meeting all the great people who have made the emerging diesel market so interesting. I also hope to create strong relationships for future projects and events. I feel the time has come for the industry to realize the versatility and potential you people have long known diesel trucks to have. Thanks again, I'll see you all in Vegas.
Old 04-21-2004, 10:12 AM

Wish I could see this baby one day. Maybe it could make it to Muncie
DM01
Old 04-21-2004, 07:26 PM

I would like to come to the luchs and trip. Is it an invite only thing or do we just show up?
Old 04-21-2004, 08:09 PM
Admin Team Leader

Just show up to be included I may be changing this date to Saturday, I will update this soon so stay tuned!

Quick Reply: DieselTruckResource.com joins Four Wheeler Magazine in project!