Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Your suggestions please!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2005, 10:23 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now that's what I'm talking about

You guys are great at helping me spend my $$$, but you do know that all this will take a couple months to put together, right?

So Mach 6's and an F1 camshaft it is.

Brandon, any suggestions on a small set of twins? I haven't looked at twins that much. Also, the next time I know I'll be down near Columbus I'll shoot you a PM and take you to lunch for that visor. It's not lighted right?

Dr. Evil, let me get right on that check for you! I never got your PM!
Old 09-10-2005, 10:26 PM

The twins size depends on how far you wanna take it. With mach 6's, anything from a hybrid35/40/ks-b1/t66/t72 on top with a ht3b/ht4b/b2/bb/t88/gt42r/t91/t101 on bottom. Lots of choices. Depending on how much you want to spend, a ball bearing setup could make the truck spool instantly and be scary fast. PM me if it doesn't make sense.

The visor is non-lighted and was on the truck when I bought it. I dislike the way they look and it's not going to help a drag racing truck any.

brnadon.
Old 09-11-2005, 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by smokindog
Alright,

It looks like this year is going to end with a bang for me. Business was moderate, but since all of the equipment is now paid for it looks like I am going to be left with a load of extra coin.

My question is this. Given all the aftermarket acessories available what would you suggest. Now when I say extra coin I mean enough to buy a brand new truck, but I don't want to do that I like mine!

I was thinking of finally getting off the fence and painting the truck to match our service equipment (Dupont Imron White) with painted to match Rhino/Line-X rockers and solid chrome body side mouldings. What about an HID lamp conversion? How much is involved in that project? I think that would look great with the sport headlamp bezels. I'm also thinking of new wheels. I am fond of the Rickson 19.5's, but also really like the 18's that are on CASMOKIN's truck. Maybe a visor and that really cool LED cargo/brake lamp that someone posted the other day. That pretty much does it for the exterior unless there is something really cool that I'm missing.

As for the remainder of the engine upgrades. I'm considering putting the head under the knife at EEP or ADT for rings, studs, and a stronger valve train. I was also thinking about some Mach 4 or 5 sticks. I would hope the SPS66 or SP66 will support all the fuel that the TST makes available otherwise it looks like twins will become a reality. I want to keep the truck as a daily driver so should I even think about a different cam or leave the stocker in there?

What else? Think of all the things you would do if you had the $$$. I'm not trying to spend all of the extra cash on the truck as I have my eye on a few other new toys, but the truck will be the big factor in making my taxes a little lighter.

Thanks in advance for all your input. When it's done I'll take lots of pictures!

TRANS MODS BEFORE ENGINE MODS!!!!!
Old 09-11-2005, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by storx
TRANS MODS BEFORE ENGINE MODS!!!!!
Read the original poster's sig. He has a full ATS.

brandon.
Old 09-11-2005, 01:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tilt front end w/chrome exhaust sticking up out the hood ala SuperStock Pulling Tractor.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jegs has a nice twin setup, but I'm not sure on the specs...

http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerc...37&prmenbr=361

As for the visor, the truck that had the fender flares has alot of add-ons to the body, some are tacky, but some look good. And this will give you an idea of how the look mounted and painted...

http://www.ron-wilson.com/ram/