Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

XZT+ and Adrenaline Guys Look In Here for High Idle and TT options.

Old 10-23-2007, 06:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the high idle should be automatically temp. controlled for those mornings you want your truck warm. Or for job site guys that want it idled up when its already warm have power level 0 or off position to activate it, but if you jump in to move it or once its in gear it deactivates it that way your not going to be runnin over the geo in front of at a stop light when you start smokin out your buddy with a little throttle and it kicks up to 1200 rpms.

For the turbo timer have the option to set it for time or egt and shut off if the brake is depressed. The wheel is locked with no key in the ignition anyways, so theft shouldnt be an issue. But if it has to be one or the other i would go with egt and have it set at 350 or 375 then shut down.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:57 PM

Bjans, that sounds great!!!!
Old 10-23-2007, 07:33 PM

As far as turbo timers go,
I say a couple min's could work. On an egt scale, 300-350 should work nicely. 300 is usually my magic number. This is progress, so anything is better than nothing. For the auto's, the brake deactivation is not a problem. For manuals like myself, it will be different. I always leave my truck in 1st or reverse after putting the E-brake on. I guess to use this program, I would just have to rely on my E-brake. Does the timer start when the key is released?
With this high idle,
This will be a great feature when winter comes. 1200 rpms will warm up great. I also see it as a slight problem when driving around town. Is there any way to make it a one start warm up deal? Like were it can only be activated once? If it needs to be reactivated, change the PL00 to say PL01 and back to PL00. It could that give that option back again for high idle. It would then not be a problem for driving around town and worrying about pushing the car in front of you through the intersection.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:40 PM

Defueling would be great at 5psi. I guess that is dangerous below that anyway.

I also think boost defueling should be in different settings for different trucks. IE: 35,40,45,50,55 ranges ( stock to modified turbos)

Defueling on egt's could be maybe 1250 as a standard. I guess that is when the turbo gets very unhappy anyways.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:35 PM
BBA

Originally Posted by voyles
Defueling would be great at 5psi. I guess that is dangerous below that anyway.

I also think boost defueling should be in different settings for different trucks. IE: 35,40,45,50,55 ranges ( stock to modified turbos)

Defueling on egt's could be maybe 1250 as a standard. I guess that is when the turbo gets very unhappy anyways.
You could do defuling on fuelpressure but then there are alot of guys that run a FASS or something of the nature and dont see the fuel pressure dropping that low. But there again its just the matter of the truck and you cant make thousands of different files for every different truck.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:00 PM

I understand that many people run fass's, or gdp's kits. I also know that many people only have the stock LP and it's just an option in case they did not update fuel systems yet. I don't want quad to do more than he has to right now. The man is working like mad already.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:45 PM

This is for XZT+. I would like the idea of the high idle to be in the off position. To be automatically activated after a given period from startup (if needed due to temp.) or can be manually activated by accel. pedal or C/C buttons. Would this high idle include the 3cyl idle @ 15* or below? Or is that too in depth?

Thanks QZILLA for all this hard work!!!! You truly have the best customer service ever! You are the man!
Old 10-23-2007, 11:54 PM

I don't even have my Race Box yet and your the man in my books!!! (Not trying to kiss ***)
Old 10-25-2007, 11:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Any news on the "high idle" feature? Just looked at Quad's downloads and didn't see anything there.
Mike
Old 10-25-2007, 12:32 PM

Give me just a little time please!!!
Old 10-25-2007, 01:03 PM

Location: My head lays down in Murrieta, but the day light hours are spent in San Diego, Ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Quad - Just read this thread. I think a "high Idle" capibilities would be killer. The off position would be perfect, since I never use that anyways. Would this be just a downloadable program from your site, or something where we have to ship you our current boxes?
Old 10-25-2007, 05:37 PM

Question

How are you coming on the high idle? Anything you can let us know yet?
Old 10-25-2007, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by bucket truck
How are you coming on the high idle? Anything you can let us know yet?
Lighten up just a little folks...Quad has a full plate with just the beta testing (I'm as anxious as everyone else for all the capabilities)

Originally Posted by qzilla
Give me just a little time please!!! 1:32 PM
Old 10-29-2007, 08:36 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
While Quad is writing the programming for high idle (hopefully in the "off" position) is there anything else that might be usefull there? I know Smarty has a "half power" position on there unit and think that would come in handly at times.
I've been in a few situations while towing were the **** torque of the Cummins (talking ice covered roads here) was just too much and it kept breaking traction. I really had to be easy on the throttle to stay on the road. When I read about Smarty's "half power" mode..that seemed like the perfect solution.
I'm just thinking out loud here but if it can be programmed into the XZT+ and anyone else is interested....
Mike
Old 10-29-2007, 09:08 AM

I'm a remote start user as well and I think a timed delay (1min) for oil pressure and then 1200RPMs is the ticket... Have a brake kill for safety (that's what I had on my old TT and it worked great, hard to drive without a brake), otherwise you are reading so many variables if the box senses a load, gear selection, TPS input kill the truck. Same goes for safety on the TT as well (Although I use my remote start for that as well)

Dont like a temperature only high idle hated that with smarty, 40 degrees is plenty cold for me to want high idle and get the truck warm without me going outside... So PL00 high idle after 1 min would be great, also good for the run into the store for a minute that turns into an hour... Prevent cylinder wash.

Suppose I still have to use my remote start to activate my exhaust brake huh 1200RPMs and exhaust brake will get the heat going in a hurry!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: XZT+ and Adrenaline Guys Look In Here for High Idle and TT options.