Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

XZT+ and Adrenaline Guys Look In Here for High Idle and TT options.

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 11:41 AM

Location: My head lays down in Murrieta, but the day light hours are spent in San Diego, Ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mhenon
While Quad is writing the programming for high idle (hopefully in the "off" position) is there anything else that might be usefull there? I know Smarty has a "half power" position on there unit and think that would come in handly at times.
I've been in a few situations while towing were the **** torque of the Cummins (talking ice covered roads here) was just too much and it kept breaking traction. I really had to be easy on the throttle to stay on the road. When I read about Smarty's "half power" mode..that seemed like the perfect solution.
I'm just thinking out loud here but if it can be programmed into the XZT+ and anyone else is interested....
Mike
Well, isn't that kinda what the timming-only mode does now? At least that's how I use it now.............
Old 10-29-2007, 01:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not in my rig it doesn't. Timing adds about 35hp if I understand it right. I'm talking about knocking power down to 125hp or something.
Again, this might not be everyones cup of tea. I've just found myself in situations were the torque of the Cummins was causing the tires to break loose. Not a good feeling when you're towing 10K lbs of trailer.
Mike
Old 10-29-2007, 01:40 PM

Location: My head lays down in Murrieta, but the day light hours are spent in San Diego, Ca.
OHHHHH. You're looking for half of the total engine power. I misunderstund you. I thought you ment half of the XZT+ power.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:32 PM

Right....kinda like the Smarty does. Cut's the power right in half. You could also use it if the kids want to borrow the truck. Just don't tell them were the switch is!!!
Mike
Old 10-29-2007, 04:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just disconnect the box and leave the harness plugged in!!!

It will barely make 1/2 power then!!!!
Old 10-29-2007, 04:50 PM

Won't it throw a code for low boost? I've unplugged the MAP sensor before and that runs at about 1/2 power..but gives you a code too.
Anyway, I was throwing the 1/2 power thing out there to see if there was any interest. The times I've needed it were unexpected..like black ice..all of a sudden. A switch in the cab would have been nice.
Mike
Old 10-29-2007, 05:05 PM

Qzilla, I want to say thanks for the revised updates on the web page. Really helped out my surge problem!

You get a A+ !!!
Old 10-29-2007, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by bucket truck
Qzilla, I want to say thanks for the revised updates on the web page. Really helped out my surge problem!

You get a A+ !!!
AMEN to that!. I love the XZT+ and absolutely cannot believe the mileage!This thing will pay for itself in no time. Play around with those tunes. One or more of them will click with your engine and the fun begins.
Mike
Old 10-29-2007, 07:47 PM

Ok guys here is what we are going to do for the first try at this high idle thing.

Truck must be at idle (no throttle) for 2 minutes without the brake pedal being pressed. The truck will idle up automatically to about 1200 rpms and stay there until you hit the brake pedal.

The high idle is only activated in the off setting or PL00 on the Adrenaline. Hitting the brake kills it but if you let off of it after 2 more minutes it will idle back up.

I should have something to play with tomorrow.

Let me know of any major flaws you can think of. It works very good!
Old 10-29-2007, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by qzilla
Ok guys here is what we are going to do for the first try at this high idle thing.

Truck must be at idle (no throttle) for 2 minutes without the brake pedal being pressed. The truck will idle up automatically to about 1200 rpms and stay there until you hit the brake pedal.

The high idle is only activated in the off setting or PL00 on the Adrenaline. Hitting the brake kills it but if you let off of it after 2 more minutes it will idle back up.

Outstanding!!!! Can't wait to try it out...............
Old 10-29-2007, 07:52 PM

Earlier in this thread, there was talk of people forgetting to switch it off. To combat that, besides just touching the brake, maybe once set, if you touch the throttle it'll also revert to normal idle???????? Just a thought.....

EDIT: Never mind. After re-reading your post, it has to idle for a full two minutes first.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:18 PM

This is to good to be true!!!!!!!!
Old 10-29-2007, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by mhenon
Won't it throw a code for low boost? I've unplugged the MAP sensor before and that runs at about 1/2 power..but gives you a code too.
Anyway, I was throwing the 1/2 power thing out there to see if there was any interest. The times I've needed it were unexpected..like black ice..all of a sudden. A switch in the cab would have been nice.
Mike
The half power thing intrests me, if lets say i was able to run large injecters and wanted to tow heavy and keep the egt's in check.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:32 PM

Your high idle will suit our trucks perfect!! No more low idling for hours. Can't wait...
Old 10-29-2007, 10:45 PM

Will the high idle activate at any air or engine temperature ?

Quick Reply: XZT+ and Adrenaline Guys Look In Here for High Idle and TT options.