Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

XZT+ and Adrenaline Guys Look In Here for High Idle and TT options.

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 10:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This isnt a beta box. I was sent one early without the fuel pressure sending unit so i was told it has the latest flash already on it. I think my problem is that i didnt have it on PL00 for the high idle to come on and i dont have the EGT hooked up cause i have analog gauges and i dont wana lose them and have to strain my eyes to see the control pod until the commander for this comes out and i'll hook everything up. But on another note shouldnt it high idle anytime because your not supposed to let the engine idle long at only ~800 rpms ever?
Old 01-24-2008, 11:02 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by qzilla
...Basically when in warm up mode the high idle will kick in even if the switch is in any power level. The accel pedal should kill it on all trucks but, 2 minutes later it will return if you have sat idle. Once the truck is warm the High Idle will only work in PL00. In any other level the idle will be normal unless the Coolant temp is lower than 170deg (for this tune anyhow).
I was hoping that's how it worked. i don't know about the rest of you guy's but I want to go into high idle when I want to go into high idle. If I have to force it by throwing the switch to PL00..fine..but I want it on demand. If you have to let a diesel sit at idle (never a real good idea!) on a cold day it might as well be idled up. Otherwise the engine temps will fall off and that's just not good.
Quad..is there an easy way (relatively easy!) to create a high idle file that would turn on quicker...like 30 seconds instead of 2 minutes in the PL00 setting. I know I'm nit-picking you now but if it's possible I'ed like to throw that switch and have it go it high idle fast. I'm amazed how fast coolant temps drop at normal idle on a really cold day.
i'm still running on the beta file (fri***** Vista) but am not unhappy with it. RPM's do vary but that might not be a bad thing.
Mike
Old 01-24-2008, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by TqMnster
This isnt a beta box. I was sent one early without the fuel pressure sending unit so i was told it has the latest flash already on it. I think my problem is that i didnt have it on PL00 for the high idle to come on and i dont have the EGT hooked up cause i have analog gauges and i dont wana lose them and have to strain my eyes to see the control pod until the commander for this comes out and i'll hook everything up. But on another note shouldnt it high idle anytime because your not supposed to let the engine idle long at only ~800 rpms ever?
There were no early sent units.

I need to know who you bought it from and your serial number if you ever want that thing warrantied or any support at all. Feel free to PM me.

Also, if it is a production box it would clearly have a serial# and barcode on the box itself. Until I get that info you are not going to get any support from me.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:11 AM

im pleased with how it's supposed to work after reading that but i havnt got mine to work. Cause 1. i drove it right after i crunk it up. and 2. i had it on PL03 when i was letting it sit for a couple minutes after it was warmed up. Still confused on my turbo timer unless the EGT must be hooked up.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mhenon
I was hoping that's how it worked. i don't know about the rest of you guy's but I want to go into high idle when I want to go into high idle. If I have to force it by throwing the switch to PL00..fine..but I want it on demand. If you have to let a diesel sit at idle (never a real good idea!) on a cold day it might as well be idled up. Otherwise the engine temps will fall off and that's just not good.
Quad..is there an easy way (relatively easy!) to create a high idle file that would turn on quicker...like 30 seconds instead of 2 minutes in the PL00 setting. I know I'm nit-picking you now but if it's possible I'ed like to throw that switch and have it go it high idle fast. I'm amazed how fast coolant temps drop at normal idle on a really cold day.
i'm still running on the beta file (fri***** Vista) but am not unhappy with it. RPM's do vary but that might not be a bad thing.
Mike
I agree with the on demand high idle but correct me if I'm wrong, won't the demand high idle work once the operating temp hits 170? That's my understanding anyway but would rather have the high idle demand instead of a warm up feature. I'm not building this box so you go ahead and do whatever you want Quad because you have definately given me way more than I expected to begin with and will be happy with whatever you throw to us.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by TqMnster
im pleased with how it's supposed to work after reading that but i havnt got mine to work. Cause 1. i drove it right after i crunk it up. and 2. i had it on PL03 when i was letting it sit for a couple minutes after it was warmed up. Still confused on my turbo timer unless the EGT must be hooked up.
Evidentally you are having difficulities reading.

Read my above post or you will not be getting any service or help, or warranty or anything.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:56 PM

The latest XZT+ Update is up. Beta3 should solve any and all problems.

Now, once we get everything working, warm up mode, high idle, etc. We can have multiple options to download. I am just trying to get everything working at once and then I can pick and choose how I want it to be.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:22 PM

If you'll look at the time our posts were fairly close and when i typed my reply you had not yet posted. No need to be an ***..... I'm sending you a PM.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:34 PM

Also I was talkin to one of your guys last night on the phone and he pulled it up through Gary or my name one. Not sure.
Old 01-25-2008, 03:55 PM

I installed the beta3 high idle program this morning. After idling for 2 minutes it went to about 1000 RPM. After a couple of minutes I touched the brake pedal and the accelerator pedal and changed switch positions, it stayed at 1000 RPM. I drove about a mile to the anytime teller, put it in park and it went to 1200 RPM. Went to pull out onto the road, accelerated, let off the accelerator pedal and the engine quit. Took about 4 tries to restart it. That's the first time the truck quit on me. I think I'll go back to the stock aggressive program.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:11 AM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just put the new version on my truck..... Works perfect! Thanks a bunch. Also I downloaded the large injector tune ( i had the stock one). Now there is much more smoke!
Old 01-26-2008, 10:45 AM

Just ignore my previous posting. When I went to reprogram my XZT+ I noticed that I had programmed it with the beta2 version. I just reprogrammed with beta3 and will try it now. I guess MY version control system isn't very good.
Old 01-26-2008, 02:51 PM

I am really, really, really glad to hear that. I was up all night working on this and the Adrenaline stuff. I just never came up with anything that should be doing that!

Not to mention I made about 10 updates with various warm up conditions and tuning files yesterday but, I held off on getting them up on the website because I thought there might be an issue!

So thanks for updating me!!!!

So far Saturday is shaping up good for me!
Old 01-26-2008, 04:57 PM

quad i downloaded the beta 3 and it works perfectly, and the level 3 still has great performance, thanks for the hard work.
Old 01-26-2008, 05:26 PM

This time I really did update my XZT+ with the beta3 version and everything works. Thanks for all your hard work.

Quick Reply: XZT+ and Adrenaline Guys Look In Here for High Idle and TT options.