Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Would this help control EGTs or not?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 11:38 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Rocky, I sent you a PM to talk about cat. We are not allowed to advocate changes to EPA systems on this forum.

Your mod with 4" in and out of the cat may not help exhaust flow much because you would still have the restriction of the cat guts. Probably a waste of time.

My replacement muffler was a 3" in and out, stainless all welded, something the shop in Arizona said they put on most motorhomes. The noise is about the same as the original (quiet). I figured with the cat as the major restriction that this muffler would not be significant. I don't have a model number. If I were to do it again I would use the straight through Walker often mentioned on this forum. Do a search for the model number.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Rare1
(said with a smile and great respect) No Haulin, you appear to be doing it all right, but it's not easy to get to where you are with a 24v is it? Overall economy
has to include the path taken to the desired power level, dependability approaching 100%, and good milage. A 12v CTD was the logical starting place to reach my goals.
Ahh wer are just kicking things around, no problem... Now, put the four valve head on the 12v and you would have something. See I am impressed for my use with the lower EGT control with the better breathing. I can't have something that I have to back out of on a hill and watch constantly.

Scotty II, exhaust, 275 injectors, and EZ will get you 90% to where I am. Oh yeah, 32 inch tires with 3.55 gears.