Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Weak Lp--fass Ii Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 11:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weak Lp--fass Ii Question

Hey Guys. After 57k The Stock L.p. Is Getting Weak. I Can Pull It Down To About 6 Psi. So I Am In The Market For Something New And Improved. I Pretty Much Have Decided On A Fass Ii (pump Only) Setup. I Tossed Around The Idea Of Relocating A New Pump On The Frame Rail Since I Had Good Luck With This Original---but You Never Know What You Are Going To Get!!!! I Went To Dieselpp's Website And Did A Lot Of Homework Searching These Forums. I Downloaded The Pump Only Install Manual From The Website And Have A Question. Is It Necessary To Use The Pickup Tube That They Supply Or Can I Tie Into The Stock Pickup On Top Of The Tank And Be Fine????????also I Have A 99 And Will Be Taking The Stock Pump Out Utilizing The Stock Filter Housing. Is There A Banjo Bolt That Has A Barbed Fitting On The End To Hook The Fuel Line Directly To On The Filter Housing??????
Thanks Again Guys---you Are The Smartest I Know!!!!!
Old 03-08-2006, 01:03 PM

make sure you are lookin at the right year.......on the 99....should just use your pick in the tank.....they have an optional pick up you can get.....but the kit for your year truck just has a quick connect that snaps onto the tank.

ALSO DPP has an optional High Flow Kit from the filter to the pump that does away with the banjos. The one commng in from the FASS to the filter should be included with the kit.........
Old 03-08-2006, 09:12 PM
Banned

Once you install the FASS you will wonder why you didnt do it sooner.

A 95gph was installed on a buddies truck and they had 16psi at idle and could not get the pressure below 12psi full throttle. You very well could get higher number too.

That kit is pretty easy to install and you should get everything to make it connect with no problems. Your welcome to contact me if you need any more information.
Old 03-10-2006, 07:45 PM

mine is a fassI and have had no problems at all.I have installed 2 of these (1 on a previous truck) and they are very simple to install. the hardest part is to disconnect original "quick disconnect" from the pickup.Plan on about 2 hours for installtion.

mike
Old 03-10-2006, 07:58 PM

I just installed the FASS2 almost 2 weeks ago now.

Diesel_Dan will tell you I'm a scaredy cat on this kind of stuff; but I had a good time installing this thing. It was nothing to it. It used the existing pick up on my 04.
2 hours flat but I had read the instructions for 2 days while waiting on shipping.