Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

warranty w/box

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2003, 08:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
warranty w/box

if a dealer finds out you are using a fueling box and voids your warranty does this void the warranty on the complete truck such as pw, suspension, electrical etc. or is it only on the drivetrain<br><br>also if a warranty is voided does this stay with the truck for a lifetime<br><br>if i sell the truck and the new owner goes in for warranty work would he be denied because of the previous owners actions
Old 02-17-2003, 08:34 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re:warranty w/box

Yes, the mention of the box shows up whenever and wherever the VIN is called up in the DC computer system.<br><br><br>Remember though, Dealer can't void warranty simply because of box, it is in their court to prove that said fueling box directly caused the failure of a warrantied part.<br><br>Theoretically, they could void a number of components due to the increased Horsepower and Torque provided by the box.<br>Fuel system is the biggy, engine, transmission, and rest of drive train are the next.<br><br>Can't see how the box could have anything to do with suspension, body, rust, paint, or interior though.<br><br>phox
Old 02-18-2003, 10:52 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:warranty w/box

They don't. But they'll try to void it anyways. Had one guy tell me that if I put an amp on my truck, all of the electrical warranty will be voided. So if the computer suddenly shorts out, they will void warranty for the amp even though it has nothing to do with the computer. There is a law stating that they have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the aftermarket part caused the warranty. But who's going to take a dealer to court? It's going to cost more money for the lawyer and all than it is for the new part. Most dealers don't know about the Magnunson Moss Act. My dealer didn't at the time. They do now though.