Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

TS Performance MVP

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 01:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by graphitecumnz
My HRVP doesn't like a lot of timing... it's tempermental.

Part of it's the timing issue and the MVP on much more than 50% doesn't play well with my TST Comp... I'm still messing with it.

It's also a driveability issue. Specifically on my truck, the MVP seems to start working at 10psi of gauge boost. Not really a problem. My bottom charger starts to show boost pressure at around 7 psi of system boost and really starts to come alive at 10psi... this creates some issues. Bottom charger starts coming alive right as the MVP starts to kick in and the truck gets confused. The fuel and air are there to go faster but the cruise control is saying stay at 75mph... I keep the MVP turned down to limit this 'surge'.

ahh, that makes sense. it def starts working at 10psi.

which twin setup do you have? thats really early for your bottom to be lighting, mine closer to 18-20, i think. i'd like it to lit that soon, but dont know how it could since my WG rod is alll the way out.

do you havew a different WG setup like nathan (mpi)or wicked sells? the spring rod type?

when i ran just mvp and tst, they played well together. i never noticed anything weird, i guess its your hrvp.

thanks
brian
Old 03-24-2009, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by dieselfan
ahh, that makes sense. it def starts working at 10psi.

which twin setup do you have? thats really early for your bottom to be lighting, mine closer to 18-20, i think. i'd like it to lit that soon, but dont know how it could since my WG rod is alll the way out.

do you havew a different WG setup like nathan (mpi)or wicked sells? the spring rod type?

when i ran just mvp and tst, they played well together. i never noticed anything weird, i guess its your hrvp.

thanks
brian
I'm running a SuperB over a GT4202... I use the 'stock' wastegate that came on the SuperB. I'd like to get a different WG because this one is a PIA to adjust and I need to tweak it to open a little later.

Like I said, my HRVP is very temperamental... the MVP/Smarty/TST play fine if I keep the MVP at 50%.... and it runs pretty wicked at those settings.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by graphitecumnz
I'm running a SuperB over a GT4202... I use the 'stock' wastegate that came on the SuperB. I'd like to get a different WG because this one is a PIA to adjust and I need to tweak it to open a little later.

Like I said, my HRVP is very temperamental... the MVP/Smarty/TST play fine if I keep the MVP at 50%.... and it runs pretty wicked at those settings.

i havent really felt the need to use the tst since getting the smarty back. im sure that wont last long though

i'd give nathan a call for that WG .
Old 03-25-2009, 11:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
greenbay4 do you have boost fooler or elbow? Just trying to figure out what I need to do to run the Superchips and MVP together to make a little more power....
Old 03-25-2009, 12:01 PM

I tried some timing yesterday. With the smarty on sw#3 and timing on #3, mvp at 25, 50 mostly and a little at 75 and 100 percent.

I didn't notice any timing rattle or anything else but I also wasn't trying real hard. I was scared for my stock HG. Also didn't notice any addition power.

Does anyone know how much timing the mvp uses at 100 percent?
Old 03-25-2009, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by cstroup
Do a search on this forum I have one and love it!

I have had super chips, edge ez, smarty, and the adrenaline.

It is by far the smoothest and cleanest and most powerful (non wire tap) according to my butt dyno it is also the first box that I saw a decent improvement on mpg .

This is with my set up!!

Just for example I hooked the smarty up a while ago just to compare. I struggled to hit 27 lbs of boost with the mvp I can hit 32 in the blink of an eye.
what setting on the mvp do you get the best mpg?

thanks!
Old 03-25-2009, 11:42 PM

I usually have it cranked all the way up

I am currently (today) trying the smarty stack I just replaced the revo with the original software. I read that people where having trouble building boost with the revo which I was.

So far I am just using sw#2 and the mvp cranked and I really like it I will post more when I get some miles on it
Old 03-26-2009, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by cstroup
I usually have it cranked all the way up

I am currently (today) trying the smarty stack I just replaced the revo with the original software. I read that people where having trouble building boost with the revo which I was.

So far I am just using sw#2 and the mvp cranked and I really like it I will post more when I get some miles on it

you should try #4 or #6.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:54 PM

I have a boost elbow,mvp has boost fooler. I run between 32-34# of boost.