Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/performance-accessories-2nd-gen-only-91/)
-   -   TS Performance MVP (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/performance-accessories-2nd-gen-only-91/ts-performance-mvp-235799/)

STATELINE 03-11-2009 03:54 AM

TS Performance MVP

just wondering if anyone here has tried it yet. Diesel Power magazine tested it & seemed to like it. anybody???? http://www.tsperformance.com/mvp.html

cstroup 03-11-2009 08:27 AM

Do a search on this forum I have one and love it!

I have had super chips, edge ez, smarty, and the adrenaline.

It is by far the smoothest and cleanest and most powerful (non wire tap) according to my butt dyno it is also the first box that I saw a decent improvement on mpg .

This is with my set up!!

Just for example I hooked the smarty up a while ago just to compare. I struggled to hit 27 lbs of boost with the mvp I can hit 32 in the blink of an eye.

GFB 03-11-2009 10:00 AM

Until somebody posts a dyno graph of it on a stock truck I'll consider it just like any other 65hp box out there.

98.5Hotrod 03-11-2009 03:08 PM

Ive talked to some one who has had both the Smarty and TS MVP on his truck. He wished he had his Smarty back.

graphitecumnz 03-11-2009 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by 98.5Hotrod (Post 2415960)
Ive talked to some one who has had both the Smarty and TS MVP on his truck. He wished he had his Smarty back.

They actually compliment each other quite nicely... :cool:

motochamp250 03-11-2009 08:18 PM

that's what i was about to say....whats wrong with both?

STX Diesel 03-11-2009 08:19 PM

Can you run it with a diablo puck, and about how many horses would both put out?

Moules 03-11-2009 08:59 PM

i have been running a mvp for 2 months now. to me it feels like a edge comp(not ez) box with better acceleration. i have had a smarty, edge comp, drag comp, adrenaline. i loved the drag comp. i loved the smarty/dc stack too. i now have the ts mvp box stacked with the blue chip fms box[roll]. it is very nice. i drive with the fms box off all the time. the mvp box gives me everything i need daily driving. i enjoyed having the smarty and i would definitely love to have one to stack with what i have now, but for a single box without wire tap i would take this mvp box for sure. this box is veerrrrry smoooooth and it pulls hard.

motochamp250 03-12-2009 09:02 AM

agree with moules....i've had one for a while now....run the smarty on 8 and ts is off most of the time unless i'm ready to play....i ran the ts alone for a little while and it was smooth and had what i needed for daily driving...now i'm not much comparison because all i've had before these was a hypertech, but i'm happy with mine...smarty has great low end and with the ts on kill when i hit about 6lbs of boost it goes! now i just need a boost elbow because that is what is holding me back because it pegs to 20 VERY fast!

qzilla 03-12-2009 09:40 PM

most powerful (non wire tap) according to my butt dyno

to me it feels like a edge comp(not ez) box with better acceleration.
The dyno report they showed was 67hp gain. No way it is as strong as a COMP box.

They advertise 100hp gain. I called their bluff a long time ago and was called some choice words because they were smarter than all the rest of us and figured out something different.

Looks like they were close only 33% off!

If I were 33% off I would get crucified on here!

I am sure it is a fine box but, lets don't make it out to be more than it is. It is simply a TS version of the EZ, Puck, VA box, Torque Dog and XZT+ (minus USB).

All of those will make 65-70rwhp gains. Sure they might drive different from one another but, when the smoke clears, they are going to make similar power.

I said it months ago and the ONLY dyno report I have seen that appears to be done fairly points to exactly what I said originally.

cstroup 03-12-2009 11:16 PM

Well at least it works!

Sorry your $625 pile of plastic was the most miserable thing I ever owned!

I think the reason people don't hear much about this box is because they are happy with it and are not on here complaining.

Sorry they dont have 100 page on going threads about how miserable they are owning it.

You act like I am scared of a dyno sorry I live in rural Ks and cannot drive across town to one.

Even if I did get on one you would then say well your trucks not stock or its this or that blah blah blah!

LIKE I said with MY SET UP it feels stronger and makes better mpg AND does not have 20 gremlins in it!

Get over it

STATELINE 03-13-2009 03:56 AM

[roll] sounds like everyone using it is pretty happy with it. anyone know who has the best pricing on it? seller on ebay has it it $359 & frre shipping. Quad, it does seem very similar to your XZT+, could you tell me any differences they have in features, & possibly pricing? thanks for everyones input.

Moules 03-13-2009 04:02 PM

[QUOTE]

Originally Posted by qzilla (Post 2417581)
No way it is as strong as a COMP box.

[QUOTE]

Originally Posted by Moules (Post 2416373)
to me it feels like a edge comp(not ez) box with better acceleration

umm, first off where did i say that it is as strong as a comp box. second, this is my opinion from my experience. and third, why in the world are u in this thread? you have hundreds of pages about your product. why are you clicking on this thread?
look, little advice to you, go work on your threads and try to keep the little amount of customers you have left.

Moules 03-13-2009 04:03 PM

the mvp seems to pull harder mid to top end then the smarty. but the smarty rips on the bottom. i dont believe there is anything that will rip on the bottom like the smarty.

graphitecumnz 03-13-2009 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Moules (Post 2418337)
the mvp seems to pull harder mid to top end then the smarty. but the smarty rips on the bottom. i dont believe there is anything that will rip on the bottom like the smarty.

and that's why I run them in tandem...