Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Time for an update

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 10:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Time for an update

Hey guys,
I went out to Mass Diesel today to pick up my 98 after all the work. Scott installed the VP44,the BD pulse exhaust manifold,FASS fuel pump,Isspro gauges (Fuel pres.egt.boost.)and pod,noise filter and he went through my trannie. Well everything that the guys did is great. I can't tell ya how happy I am with their work. I had my trannie rebuilt this past summer at a local Diesel shop. The guy put in a BD tourqe converter and valve body. I never liked the way the truck shifted ever since. It was never right no matter what the guy did to it. Well Scott looked her over good and said that the trannie itself was fine it just needed to be adjusted properly. Now he did all the adjustments once no test drives nothing.When the truck was all done Scott's helper Bob test drove the truck and came back and said everything seemed good. I was in disbelief because the other guy made adjustment after adjustment and gave it back to me and said this is as good as it gets. He did offer to build me a new Heavy Duty trannie for another $3000.00. So when Scott only adjusted after he serviced it once I was a little worried it wasn't going to shift right. Well it did, it shifts way better then it ever did.
So now I have gauges. Let me tell ya what they read.
Fuel pressure is 19-20 at idle and around 16-17 at 75 mph. I did pull it down to 14 at wot about 120mph.
Boost is about 8 or 9 cruisin about 70 -75 on the flats it will climb as I come to a hill and it peeks out at 25psi if I mash it going up a hill.
Egt is about 300 at an idle and 600 or so crusin about 70-75 and it made it up to 1150 or so on those 120 mph blast up the hills on the Mass pike just before Lee.
All in all I could not be happier with the work that Scott and Bob did on my truck. I would HIGHLY recommend Mass Diesel Perfomance for any work ya may need done to your truck.
Now for the bad news... Yep there's always bad news right. No it's not the bill! Scott was very fair. Here's the bad news. My lovely wife asked Scott what he's got for her truck. (the 05) Well Scott says what ya need is a TST Box with a Ramifier box. What will that do asks my wife? It will be amazing Scott tells her.Do ya have them in stock Sandy asks. Well I don't have the TST but I do have the Ramifier. What will that do? It will add about 100 hp to the wheel. Is it hard to install? Hey Bob bring in the 05 as Scott shoots me a smile. 5 mins later, Hey Sandy take your truck and test it would ya. She leaves hey Scott is that truck going to be able to beat my truck? Yep Scott says. Oh man that sucks. Sandy comes back with a smile that goes from ear to ear. Well the drive home was interesting to say the least. Before the Ramifier her truck was no match for my truck. Not at the bottom and it wasn't even close at top speed. She would run out around 100 mph. Now she leaves me like I was tied to a stump. She came along side me as I was going 115 to 120 and I thought she ain't got a prayer. Well let me tell ya she nearly pulled my mirror off the truck. That 05 is like a whole new truck with that Ramifire box on it.
So there ya have it. Scott will be ordering my new Comp box Monday and oh yea I'm gonna pierce the wire.
Thanks for all the good advice guys!
Topper
Old 01-07-2006, 11:34 PM

What a story. Sounds like you are happy anyway's Especially if you get to where you can best your wifes truck

Eric
Old 01-08-2006, 07:58 AM

Thanks Eric,
I'm glad you like the story. Everything worked out great. I was hopeing for some input on my gauge numbers. Do they sound about right? Also there has been talk about the hrvp's and if they really add hp or do they just feel better since the stock vp pump is on it's way out. I didn't put on a hrvp. I took Scotts advice and held off on the hr pump. Well my truck is alot more responsive then it was before the pump change. Does it have more power then before yes. Is it because I put on a hr pump? No it's because my old pump was shot. Now if I put on a hrvp would I have even more power? According to Scott there worth about 10 or so hp. For me at this time it wasn't worth it. If the hrvps prove to last longer then it would be worth it.
Thanks guys,
Topper
Old 01-08-2006, 10:13 AM

Boost, FP, and EGT all look good to me
Old 01-08-2006, 04:11 PM

Thanks Phatboy, I thought that the boost was alittle low.
Topper