Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Texas 12 Valve goes 11.16

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 12:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Texas 12 Valve goes 11.16

Hey guys, I saw a thread last night about someone representing at the "Pinks" event at Houston Raceway Park this weekend. You had to be one of the first 300 signed up to run today (Saturday March 17th), but they had such a huge response it was rumored they would be at the regular friday night test and tune looking for cars. My buddy went and was only able to make one pass, but ran a personal best of 11.16 at 123mph. The owner and my brother guestimated about 350 cars were in the lanes. HRP has seven or eight lanes that will hold about 16 to 20 cars depending on type, and they never emptied. The line went single at the entrance and wrapped around the outer parking area.

This truck was at the Central Texas Diesel dyno day last weekend and got third place (I believe, we left after we dynoed) putting down a best of 782HP and 1500+Tq.

He did not get asked to come back to race today, and I'm not sure if any Diesel's are in the fray today. Truck is a 4x4, Single Cab, SWB, full SunCoast auto trans, Prince Diesel Performance twins, and tuned by Hellman Diesel in Houston (Richmond) Texas.

Jim
Old 03-17-2007, 01:35 PM
Chapter President

Sounds cool. Any videos or anything?
Old 03-17-2007, 02:17 PM

Sorry no video. I was not present, had to work. He is checking to see if anyone got video.
Old 03-17-2007, 02:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Shrimpy
Hey guys, I saw a thread last night about someone representing at the "Pinks" event at Houston Raceway Park this weekend. You had to be one of the first 300 signed up to run today (Saturday March 17th), but they had such a huge response it was rumored they would be at the regular friday night test and tune looking for cars. My buddy went and was only able to make one pass, but ran a personal best of 11.16 at 123mph. The owner and my brother guestimated about 350 cars were in the lanes. HRP has seven or eight lanes that will hold about 16 to 20 cars depending on type, and they never emptied. The line went single at the entrance and wrapped around the outer parking area.

This truck was at the Central Texas Diesel dyno day last weekend and got third place (I believe, we left after we dynoed) putting down a best of 782HP and 1500+Tq.

He did not get asked to come back to race today, and I'm not sure if any Diesel's are in the fray today. Truck is a 4x4, Single Cab, SWB, full SunCoast auto trans, Prince Diesel Performance twins, and tuned by Hellman Diesel in Houston (Richmond) Texas.

Jim

Shrimpy

had i known u were there ida said Hi, i know my truck stands out, and u saw it, But as asked, any pics of the truck? I did see a blue 12V with a stack thru the hood that was rumored to be over 800, and the DP challenger 3rd gen that was rumored to be over 1K.. oh and a p pumped 24V that looked really bad runnin on the dyno, stalled, stalled again, then laid down 793rwhp...

Anyways, After my pathetic tire numbers (need more fuel and air obviously) i left to go see my mom (she was at the hospital, all is well now) Which is why i asked..

Good time that event was... Im hooked now for good on these things. Will knock off handloading, and detune team roping to just practicing for fun, and dedicate my rodeo money to BOMB'd cummins's

Thanks in advance!
Rick
Old 03-17-2007, 03:24 PM

Hey Rick, We arrived late and didn't dyno till close to 5:30 pm. Were WAY more folks than last year. Friends truck was a Silver, Single cab, 4x4. Looks kinda ragged, but runs like crazy. The dyno operator said he was slipping the tires on the dyno, but I never saw any smoke comming off them. I do know he was wrinkling the sidewalls BAD. The tires looked like they were going to come off the rims.

These things are very addictive. The most expensive part on the above truck is the tranny. Other parts are direct off the shelf stuff. Running homemade (Hellman Performance) traction bars, truck hooks very good.

Jim
Old 03-20-2007, 05:41 PM

i saw him run friday night.....freakin awesome!

i dont tink they picked anyone from friday because thhey were only allowing 300 in and my pop registered in late feb and was number 299!! i didn't see any diesels runnin saturday, but i hheard alot of turboed cars!!!
Old 03-20-2007, 05:57 PM

here's a video of that truck:

http://s30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...t=MOV05051.flv
Old 03-20-2007, 07:03 PM

It is a 5-speed or am I just hearin things?
Old 03-20-2007, 07:43 PM

sure sounds like a 5spd in the video unless maybe he is manually shifting it? that kind of makes an auto sound like a stick
Old 03-20-2007, 11:00 PM

It's an auto, Full manual valve body. If he would not have backed off, it shakes the whole truck when it's on the dyno. Thanks for the Video Wunderwood. Not sure if I or Mark spoke to you there, I'm terrible with names and apoligize if I talked to you but can't remember .

BigredBCS, I posted to your thread in General Diesel. Owner is a good friend of mine. I cruise with him quite often. It's weird, back after high school and during College I had the fast cars (gas). Now he has the fast ride. He has owner Dodges since 91. He wanted his 97 to go fast and I ordered his first parts thru Piers in 02. Since then He has gone hog wild.

I can honestly say that I have never ridden in a vehicle that accelerates like his truck. Only street driven vehicle he has had trouble hanging with (stayed within one car lenght of) was a twin turbo Supra. The Supra started putting lengths on him from about 85mph on up. To bad I had to work last weekend........

P.S. Joe Hellman helps with the tune up on this truck.

Jim
Old 03-21-2007, 09:44 AM

no problem on the video! very fast truck
Old 03-22-2007, 12:52 AM

Killer truck, I saw it at the dyno day here in Buda. Hellman rules.