Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

suspension lift

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 01:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
suspension lift

I put a 2.5" suspension lift on my '98 dodge with 12v. Tlift didn't come with different torsion bars so the front axle is now closer to the cab and the tires will rub the body. Will new longer bars be enough to recenter the axle and allow bigger tires or should I look at doing something different? Will the steering be worse by pushing the axle forward again or will it help the steering as well?
Old 10-30-2011, 06:07 PM

Pending what size of rims and tires you plan to run. not torsion but control arms some use bigger ones long arms or more help with 5" or bigger they do make control arms that are longer. what lift brand did you buy. most people also buy a better adjustable trac bar to center the axle left/right. as far as the steering goes look at a steering stabilizer bracket that isolates the steering shaft with a bearing takes alot of the feedback away and makes the shaft stronger without a shaft end wobble using the bearing. pending the brand you bought they may offer a control arm. unless you got just a spacer kit that your using.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:02 PM

The suspension kit is Kore and it lifted the truck about 2 1/2". Not real significant but just enough to push the axle back enough that bigger tires will rub on the cab. I didn't purchase their control arms. The steering was already bad in the truck and the new suspension didn't change the way it felt. I am just starting to address the worn components. So do you think just getting some longer adjustable control arms will push the axle center of the wheel wells again without messing up the camber in the axle which would start messing the steering geometry? I am probably just over thinking it.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:02 PM

the kore control arms are pricey. call www.topguncustomz.com they should be able to help you out with some arms. as far as the steering I can say the steering stabilizer and trac bar. (brands DSS or BD many out there) will be best bang for your buck and longevity. check the store here for those items or do some searching. I can say in all the trucks i have had now. if i was to go buy a new or used truck those items would be on my first to do list....