Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Sun coast tranny

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2003, 10:03 PM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sun coast tranny

I need a new auto tranny. I was looking at the 3 performance makers advertised in our links. I found sun coast to be a little more conserveitive in thier pricing. Anyone here run them? Are they just as good as ATS or DTT?
Old 10-12-2003, 11:11 PM

Re:Sun coast tranny

The fastest diesel pick-up in the country (that I'm aware of) Jeff Garmon, uses a sun coast, it has to be pretty decent.

Rob
Old 10-13-2003, 10:02 AM

I've got a suncoast in my truck and love it. At the track I havetorqued it up past 20 psi to launch and never had any problems with the shaft snaping. Great for towing not to mention the price and unlimited hp unlimited mile 3 year warrenty that comes with it. If you break it they will next day air you a new tranny. Im not sure but I don't think ATS or DDT does this. My buddy ownes a diesel performance and repair shop and says he's fixing at least one ATS tranny a month. Thats food for thought.
Old 10-13-2003, 09:52 PM

I wanna put my vote in for DTT.. awesome tranny . ;D and I know a great tranny guy that can put it together for ya.. (no matter which one you pick - in Missouri)
Old 10-13-2003, 11:21 PM

Watch out or they will close this thread also like the last one.....who is in charge here.....opinions everyone has one!

I could careless who's tranny you run, there all better than stock, heck even a V/B change is an improvement.

Jim
Old 10-13-2003, 11:45 PM

I second the last 2 posts!

Andrew
Old 10-14-2003, 02:41 AM

MOSTWANTED

When I was choosing a company to rebuild my transmission I considered Suncoast. They are a fine company with good service. I narrowed my choices down to ATS and Suncoast and deciding between these two top-notch companies was difficult. I ultimately decided to go with ATS and have never regretted it. However I don't think you could go wrong with either company. Good luck in making your choice.

Edward
Old 10-14-2003, 03:16 AM

Received 263 Likes on 235 Posts

I may throw in some cents here:

I think that each of the bigger vendors of tranny stuff has made their homework.
I believe that a lot of the difference in experiences we encounter for tranny stuff from vendor X or Y on this site actually is the difference in the quality of workmanship of the installers.
It's a proven fact that the stock trannies do last different mileage not only depending on use or abuse but also on production tolerance. Any installer that doesn't take the rather big stock tolerances into account will be gambling on how long his customers transmission will last.
So, if I was in the market for a tranny rebuild my main point in choosing a vendor would be the shop quality of the installer. Since I am on the wrong continent for doing so I chose the supplier that gave me the IMHO best self installing instructions. Since the tranny works perfect after more than 100 000 kms the installer ( me ;D ) can't be a complete lunatic ;D

Just my 2c

AlpineRAM