Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

relocation question

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 10:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
relocation question

I was looking under my truck, and I only see what looks to be metal fuel lines coming from inbetween the frame rail and the tank. Where are you supposed to tie into the fuel line?
Isn't fuel going to spill everywhere?
I want to do a relocation but I just don't know how or where to mount it.
Do you cut the line with a hacksaw, or a tubing cutter?
Old 01-27-2007, 11:10 AM

I think the Vulcan kit is the best on the market. Eric has put together a very high quality kit and detailed instructions. On top of that the price is reasonable, the service is great and the thing really works. I was running over 400 HP with it. It is also a really easy install.

You cut the line with a small tubing cutter, just in front of the tank, on the frame rail. Let the tank run low and have a 2 liter bottle nearby to keep spills to a minimum.

Lookin at your signature, did you forget to list gauges? If you don't have them, move them to #1 on your Bomb list.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by MSquare
I think the Vulcan kit is the best on the market. Eric has put together a very high quality kit and detailed instructions. On top of that the price is reasonable, the service is great and the thing really works. I was running over 400 HP with it. It is also a really easy install.

You cut the line with a small tubing cutter, just in front of the tank, on the frame rail. Let the tank run low and have a 2 liter bottle nearby to keep spills to a minimum.

Lookin at your signature, did you forget to list gauges? If you don't have them, move them to #1 on your Bomb list.

Funny you say that, I'm doing the re-location to help with the EJ/A. I would prefer a smarty, but limited funds tell me this is my cheapest option.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:19 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Bully dog & Vulcan kits both do completely away with the factory line. hardest part is getting to the line on top of the tank get that off and take the whole factory line off.
I have helped put on 2 Vulcan relocation kits one with the Campaign LP and one with the walbro pump, very nice with wiring harness and good instructions.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:24 AM
Banned

Yeah i would say go with vulcan. I have the fass but talkin about the line on the top of the tank. I had to break mine to get it off because iwas trying for about 30 minutes and it wasn't coming so i got frustrated and broke it off. But i tell u what it worked wel.
Old 01-27-2007, 01:38 PM

My kit didn't come with draw straw and everything like that. I just cut the line as far back as I could on the frame rail. It's an easy install. BTW: Nice boat that you have in your sig!

Eric