Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Question About Raptor Pump on '01 2500

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 11:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Question About Raptor Pump on '01 2500

Hey everyone. I'm looking into buying some aftermarket parts for my truck and I'm wanting to do it right so I'm going to upgrade the fuel before adding any programmers. Right now, I'm looking into getting the Raptor FRRP for my truck but I have a few questions. The programmer I am looking into is the Edge Juice w/ Attitude since it does so many things and has all the gauges built into one screen.

How do I go about reading the fuel pressure off of the Raptor pump once I installed the Edge? I know that the Edge uses a special banjo bolt and sensor that goes into the supply side of the injection pump in order to read the fuel pressure. The Raptor pump comes with the bigger "push-to-lock" lines with their own special fittings, which would eliminate the use of the Edge's special banjo bolt. Is there a port on the Raptor to which I can tap into? I know on other pumps, like FASS, there is a port in which a fuel pressure sensor can be threaded into.

I know that fuel pressure is extremely crucial to any modded truck, especially the VP44 trucks, so I want to make sure I can have it monitored at all times.

Thanks for the help! Any input is greatly appreciated!
Old 11-26-2013, 02:05 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
I would avoid the Raptor pump or anything by Pureflow at this point....I quit selling them in the Online Store because of the number of complaints received from owners with pump failures....quality has really suffered on that product line in the last couple of years.

Check out the FASS products or the new Fuelab brush-less motor designed pumps we carry in the store.....
Old 12-04-2013, 12:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
I would avoid the Raptor pump or anything by Pureflow at this point....I quit selling them in the Online Store because of the number of complaints received from owners with pump failures....quality has really suffered on that product line in the last couple of years.

Check out the FASS products or the new Fuelab brush-less motor designed pumps we carry in the store.....
Yeah the only reason I was looking at the Raptor was because of the cost. I'm wanting to do my setup right the first time so I'll definitely look into the FASS.

Now my next question is should I get the 95gph or 150gph? The mods I plan on having in the future are Edge Juice w/ Attitude CTS, maybe bigger injectors (100s or 150s) and cold air intake.

I've been told the 150gph will cause me to overfuel and just be a waste but I also don't want to get the 95gph in case it is too small for what I'm wanting.

Thanks for the input!
Old 12-04-2013, 09:13 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
If you are going with bigger injectors and plan on running the Edge hard then you will need the 150. No need to worry about over fueling it will work just fine
Old 12-04-2013, 06:56 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
the raptor, airdog and fass are worthless unreliable expensive junk. only go with a brushless pump. fuelab, carter or several foreign company's make them.