Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 10:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by qzilla
Paul,

Did it still surge on PL01?? That is something that is giving me fits. We are doing timing only on PL01 and the last tune I sent you has ZERO timing, so essentially PL01 should be identical to PL00.

Now, if the surging was just on level PL02 and up I can see that and I think I can fix it. If it is still surging on PL01 then I am at a loss. Nothing should be happening on that last tune in PL01.
It did still surge in PL01 at my house. I could do the same thing as before: put it in a surge condition in PL01 and then switch to PL00 and it would go away. Switch back to PL01 and the surge would start again...

Paul
Old 01-26-2008, 10:11 AM

Paul and Wurkenman,

You have a new file in your email. I sent an email explaining what I did and what to look for.

Let me know how it goes.
I'll give it a try this morning.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:24 AM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quad,
Just got back from a short highway trip with the last file you sent me. I cant believe this is the same truck. This was the first time I have been able to use my cruise control with the Adrenaline turned on. Imagine the smile on my face if you will. This file must also still have the delayed timing, because it feels like a shot of nitrous at about 1800-1900 rpm's. Seems like this file just all around pulls harder than the previous ones, kind of like one of the original aggressive files. I do hope Paul has the same luck as I have. I dont know if you get tired of hearing this, but keep up the GREAT work. Much appreciate all of your effort.
Terry
Old 01-26-2008, 11:44 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Quad, ten more perfect shutdowns. You fixed it!
Old 01-26-2008, 02:26 PM

I've been running this new box all day and so far no TT issues, (about 7-8 starts) a bunch more smoke on the bottom, a quicker jump of the EGT's and with a noticeable loss of responsiveness on the bottom as well. I can't seem to find any surging though mine was minimal to begin with and I'll be installing some Mach II's next week but I don't really consider them big injectors.

In my opinion the trucks that are closer to stock benefit from more timing down low to help clean up the smoke and aide in throttle response...there may also be a little lower EGT though it never got hot enough in lower power levels to worry about.
Old 01-26-2008, 03:21 PM

It did still surge in PL01 at my house.
That just really messes me up. The only thing that is active is boost fooling. Could you have something else going on? PL00 and PL01 should be identical?? I also got your email from this morning so keep me updated. I sent that file to 3 people and it solved 1, solved 99% of the other and yours still does it. So I am confused as all get out!

Just got back from a short highway trip with the last file you sent me. I cant believe this is the same truck. This was the first time I have been able to use my cruise control with the Adrenaline turned on. Imagine the smile on my face if you will. This file must also still have the delayed timing, because it feels like a shot of nitrous at about 1800-1900 rpm's. Seems like this file just all around pulls harder than the previous ones, kind of like one of the original aggressive files. I do hope Paul has the same luck as I have. I dont know if you get tired of hearing this, but keep up the GREAT work. Much appreciate all of your effort.
Terry
I really feel like a lot of this was brought on by the auto trucks. From here we can tweak it to get as much bottom end as we can. This is what I wanted to here from everyone I sent it to but, so far we are 2 for 3!!

Quad, ten more perfect shutdowns. You fixed it!
I also really like to hear this. Do you get any surging or anything?

I've been running this new box all day and so far no TT issues, (about 7-8 starts) a bunch more smoke on the bottom, a quicker jump of the EGT's and with a noticeable loss of responsiveness on the bottom as well. I can't seem to find any surging though mine was minimal to begin with and I'll be installing some Mach II's next week but I don't really consider them big injectors.

In my opinion the trucks that are closer to stock benefit from more timing down low to help clean up the smoke and aide in throttle response...there may also be a little lower EGT though it never got hot enough in lower power levels to worry about.
I think that we will have some alternate tuning for 5spd and auto trucks. You can get much more aggressive with the manual trucks for some reason?? I can still do a lot more with throttle response and we should still be able to keep it smooth. I think that when you try to walk a fine line to get the most responsiveness, less smoke, lots of power it is going to vary from setup to setup and that is why we just need to make sure we have updates out for everyone.

Production units will most likely end up with the software that Wurkenman has. Everything else will be more aggressive!

I am working to send a group email so that we can let everyone try this file and try this file in an aggressive format.
Old 01-26-2008, 03:35 PM

I think that we will have some alternate tuning for 5spd and auto trucks. You can get much more aggressive with the manual trucks for some reason?? I think you're right about that, I've never had unmanageable surging.

Production units will most likely end up with the software that Wurkenman has. Everything else will be more aggressive!

I am working to send a group email so that we can let everyone try this file and try this file in an aggressive format. Would you be surprised to hear that we'd be looking forward to that!?!?
Sounds like a good idea...this box is getting much better with every refinement and I'll looking forward to the 2nd Phase!!!
Old 01-26-2008, 04:00 PM

sounds like good stuff!
Old 01-26-2008, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by RowJ
The kind that would have gone to jail if state trooper didn't accept my 'data gathering' story. And my pen & paper with boost/rpm's/power settings written on it. He lowered the ticket to 100 mph! Above 100, around here, it's Go to Jail....do not collect $200.00!

RJ
washington state. do not pass go, just collect an arrest warrant and 5 days in jail for 119mph. this is why i was glad i had JUST switched seats to grab some sleep. my buddy got stung hard. your lucky!
Old 01-26-2008, 04:12 PM
Banned

Everything else will be more aggressive!

I am working to send a group email so that we can let everyone try this file and try this file in an aggressive format.
Thats what I'm talking about!!!! Lets get crazy!!!!
Old 01-26-2008, 04:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Quad, more perfect shutdowns, I am sure that it is fixed.

I get zero surging.

*IDEA*

Manual trucks cannot be driven in any of the problem RPM ranges due to the solid connection between motor and wheels. At 1700 rpm, when i get off the throttle, truck decelerates so fast it is impossible to get it to surge under light throttle cause it takes 1/8 throttle or more just to maintain 1700.

Auto trucks on the other hand have fluid coupling so they can essentially coast or lightly decelerate at 1700 rpm. And then due to fluid coupling once again, can load the motor with light throttle and cause the surge.

I can only get my truck to surge with Edge Products, Adrenaline, or Stock when I'm doing 800 rpm in 5th gear and give it very light throttle. This essentially creates the same scenario as the auto.

So to sum it all up:

Manual truck: let off throttle=rapid deceleration and 1/8 throttle or more to maintain.

Auto truck: let off throttle=coast or slight deceleration and 1/100 throttle to load up motor and possibly get surge or maintain.

I would venture to say that when an auto is in lockup, surging is nearly impossible since it takes more than very light throttle to keep working/loading the motor.
Old 01-26-2008, 05:13 PM

Quad, any news on Vista compatibility yet??? My ol' laptop with XP is slowly dying..
Old 01-26-2008, 08:28 PM

I really like the latest download that was emailed out today. I loaded the aggressive tune and it works very well on my truck, slight surging but hardly noticeable really, great power compared to any of the previous tunes I have tested so far. Things are looking great.
mishkaya
Old 01-26-2008, 08:57 PM

Latest update (haven't had the chance yet to load the new file sent today) I was out a couple of hours tonight and still no TT issues, no surging either...but...the last 3 times I started the truck the "warm up safety" that keeps the box from heavier fueling didn't work at all...all 3 times I started the truck it was on PL03 where I keep it for tooling around town and yes it was fueling for sure...
Old 01-26-2008, 09:00 PM

The warm up fixes are all on the Beta3 tunes. You are probably running the Beta2 stuff. The last email addresses the Beta3 warm up fixes.

I did not send it to you earlier because I wanted to stay on the same software and make sure we had the TT fixed up!

Quick Reply: Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....