Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Pureflow/Airdog has failed again, need help

Old 06-01-2012, 07:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pureflow/Airdog has failed again, need help

They have the WORST customer service i have ever seen. Now, after waiting over a week for a replacement part for a BRAND NEW PUMP, it is the wrong part. Pump worked a little for a couple days, it is down again. I called them first thing this morning and was "promised" a tech manager would call back. Yea right. Looks like it will be down for another solid week. This is a huge deal and pureflow/airdog just does not care. I virtually begged them to send me a preplacement pump but they would not, and even though it was THEIR fault it was not working, they would not even send it anything faster than snail mail.

Sorry for that rant....i am just about to lose it. and now for what i hope i can get some help on....raptor 150, brand new, did not pump at first, took out pressure reg. and just put it back in and it started pumping. Now, it has stopped again. Tried same trick and nothing. did bucket test, nothing. Yes i have diesel in the tank. Has anyone got ANY idea of something else i can try?
Old 06-01-2012, 07:29 PM

also, i have ran the adjustment screw in and out several times.
Old 06-01-2012, 07:45 PM

PM sent

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-04-2012, 09:40 PM

I feel your pain. My airdog started blowing fuses this weekend so I did some research and tried all the tests they recommend, it failed all of them. So I pulled the pump and bench tested it. Motor locked up. I pull the two bolts that hold the motor end-cap on, and they will barely come out because they are packed with corrosion. Turns out the motor is full of fuel.

After all that I figure it should be relatively easy to get it taken care of (even though I never sent in my warranty card) because it is a problem that I have seen Tyler admit fault on another forum. Well after trying for hours on end to get ahold of someone, they finally tell me that I'm screwed but they would happily sell me a new motor........pssshhh I bet they would. But why in gods name would I want to spend more on a product that was made very clear they wont stand behind.

I understand that I am somewhat at fault for not sending in the stupid card, but it is a problem they admitted fault to. The tech even said " sounds like a bad seal"

I am livid with them. My truck is dead in the water after I spent a fair amount of money on a product that was supposed to be bomb proof. I'm to the point now where not only will I never recommend them, but I will warn against them every chance I get.

/rant off/
Old 06-04-2012, 10:37 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by sloth
I feel your pain. My airdog started blowing fuses this weekend so I did some research and tried all the tests they recommend, it failed all of them. So I pulled the pump and bench tested it. Motor locked up. I pull the two bolts that hold the motor end-cap on, and they will barely come out because they are packed with corrosion. Turns out the motor is full of fuel.

After all that I figure it should be relatively easy to get it taken care of (even though I never sent in my warranty card) because it is a problem that I have seen Tyler admit fault on another forum. Well after trying for hours on end to get ahold of someone, they finally tell me that I'm screwed but they would happily sell me a new motor........pssshhh I bet they would. But why in gods name would I want to spend more on a product that was made very clear they wont stand behind.

I understand that I am somewhat at fault for not sending in the stupid card, but it is a problem they admitted fault to. The tech even said " sounds like a bad seal"

I am livid with them. My truck is dead in the water after I spent a fair amount of money on a product that was supposed to be bomb proof. I'm to the point now where not only will I never recommend them, but I will warn against them every chance I get.

/rant off/

All this ranting and you didn't send in the warranty card. Sounds like it was your issue for not getting it repaired under warranty.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Most anytime you find fuel in the motor side of a pump it's a failure. At the price these pumps cost, It should be taken care of.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:16 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Seems to be a pretty common scenario as of late.....I guess they changed their method of operation and no longer build a quality pump as they did before....
Old 06-05-2012, 10:35 PM
"How in the heck do I change the phrase in between my user name and avatar?"

Thumbs up

After 4 yrs of good service my AD150 started popping fuses. Turns out my motor was full of fuel as well. Called them and for $20 in shipping costs, they rebuilt the motor and sent it back to me....no questions asked.....but they did have my warranty card on file.

Disconnected AD system and plumbed factory garbage back in and 2 days later UPS has my "new" pump. Been motoring down the road ever since and that's only been about 3 months ago......I think their customer service is top notch.....and I've dealt with them 4 times now.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:18 PM

They have come through and a new pump is on the way. I guess every company has bad days. But there is never an excuse for tech guys to be arrogant and act as if they are owed something. But, once again, everyone has bad days. Was a sunny day here in Juneau, uncommon.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:01 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
IMO, their original pump from back in about 02 or 03 was the best. I never had one single problem with that pump and it held 18psi rock solid even at 650ish HP. Then their engingeers decided to fix what wasn't broke and redesigned the pump. I've had a hand full of pumps that I've put on or got for people that have had problems, but they've always come through and fixed the problem.