Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

PSC power steering pump & gear box install

Old 03-25-2006, 05:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PSC power steering pump & gear box install

bought PSC gear box and pump and am having trouble installing the pump. I removed the stock gear box and when I look at the pump it looks nothing like the pump from PSC. Has anyone installed a power steering pump on these trucks. Most I see have just installed the gear box. I also have a DSS to put in but installation of that and the gear box is halted until the pump thing is straightened out. I won't be able to get to the pump once the new gear box and DSS is intalled. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. I'll do some searches for now but look forward to any replies. I notice the pump from PSC looks like the one installed on a V8 engine. See link.

http://www.pavementsucks.com/showcase/psc.php

Old 03-25-2006, 08:47 PM

I don't know what to tell you about the pump other than if it looks different it might be the V8 one. But let us know how you like everything once its all back together, I have the gearbox and DSS and love it, but my stock pump has a hard time keeping up sometimes so I was thinking about getting the pump someday also.

Sorry I couldn't help more
Old 03-26-2006, 10:56 PM

Talking

PSC steering sector gear box and DSS are installed. I didn't get to install a power steering pump and am pretty sure the one I have is the V8 pump, I'll call PSC Monday to verify. Man all I can say with the new gear box is WOW!!! It drives so much smoother and all that play in the steering wheel is history. It's like driving a whole new truck. Gonna take some getting used to because it is so much more responsive than the old one. I sure would have liked to put the pump on as it gets a little weak sometimes when the brakes a fully applied. I'll let you know what I find from PSC. PSC steering gear box and DSS are both highly recommended by me. Major improvement. Hope to see this help with the Death Wobble.
Old 03-26-2006, 11:50 PM
Banned

I just installed the PSC gear box and DSS and man it's nice. It still feels a little looser to the right than the left but I think it's in my head. I'm loving it. This thing spins my 35's around like it's nothing.
Old 03-27-2006, 05:11 AM

Hey 505diesel

I really like my psc gearbox and DSS like you said its like a whole different truck. Mine does the same thing when I put on the brakes hard, feels like the pump can't quite keep up, but other wise I love it. Did you get the box with light valving, thats what mine is. Keep us posted how it does after you get the pump issue resolved.

Oh and by the way, your name just registered in my brain. I live in ABQ also

laters...Josh