Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

problems after install of 435's

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 02:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
problems after install of 435's

hey guys if anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated. i just installed my 435's last weekend along with the delivery valves and i have been working all week trying to get a bad miss out. i started out by cracking the lines on top of the injectors to get all the air out this helped the problem i actually got the truck to idle by itself. other than that i have tried adjusting the timing of the delivery valves i have been told that it could still be air in the lines but i just don't know because i'v got it to idle pretty good but as soon as you get it in drive the miss really becomes noticeable if anyone has any ideas on something else to tryi would greatly appreciate it.
Old 08-04-2007, 03:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I also run 435s, I've seen air take as much as a minute or two to work out, most of the time I'm a bit lazy after opening the fuel system up and don't always go through the primer and crack lines dance before starting it. I get in it, crank till she fires then play with the throttle till the miss works out. Like I said, I'm lazy at times and just run the air out rather than bleed it out and it's taken 1 or 2 minutes of reving to get it all out at the most.

From your description it sounds like you've allowed enough time for that to happen.

...other than that i have tried adjusting the timing of the delivery valves...
Please explain what you mean by this?

Otherwise you could have dirt in the line that has plugged an injector, if the stumble is there when you rev it up, you could crack a line and give the throttle a blip (be prepared for a mess) and see which one doesn't make a difference.
Old 08-04-2007, 04:37 PM

I had one break right after I put mine in caused a bad miss ran good for about a mile then it started missing. They replaced it no problem
Old 08-04-2007, 05:14 PM

you can adjust the timing of your delivery valves by popping them loose while its running then adjusting them back and forth untill the truck idles better then tighten them down; only very minimal adjustment though
Old 08-04-2007, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Wild Wills CO
you can adjust the timing of your delivery valves by popping them loose while its running then adjusting them back and forth untill the truck idles better then tighten them down; only very minimal adjustment though
HMMM very interesting...Can that be proven?
Old 08-04-2007, 08:14 PM

what do you meen can it be proven i don't have to prove it and i don't really care if you think it's possible or not there is adjustment there and it does make a difference on how the truck runs so you can shut your mouth
Old 08-04-2007, 09:37 PM

Try cracking the lines till you find the one with the miss, then swap injectors and repeat. If it follows you know its just a bad injector. Dont mess with the other stuff till you eliminate the parts you just put in, will make it a lot harder to figure out than doing one thing at a time.
Let us know how you like those 435's.. a lot of folks are interested in those since the price / power ratio is good.
Old 08-04-2007, 09:56 PM

what do you meen can it be proven i don't have to prove it and i don't really care if you think it's possible or not there is adjustment there and it does make a difference on how the truck runs so you can shut your mouth

Nice Why ask if you know so much?
Old 08-04-2007, 10:52 PM

hey kawi i narrowed it down to the #1 cylinder so i swapped it with #2 and the miss followed so bad injector right. Appreciate the advice and i will deffenately let you know what i think
Old 08-04-2007, 11:26 PM

Well maybe air there but no adjustment in turning a dv other then wasting time...Glad you figured it out...By the way Dont Be an A&& hole...I asked a question not being a smart a&& unlike you...
Old 08-04-2007, 11:41 PM
Banned

Come on, we are here to help each other, not tear one another down, I was hoping to learn something to you reply to his question...