Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Preparation for performance mods.

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 03:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Preparation for performance mods.

Okay I am new to this forum and would be appreciative of any help for the questions I am about to ask. I am the proud owner of a 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 automatic and Cummins equipped of course. My trucks warranty is about to expire and I figure that if I have to pay for any repairs or service work that has to be performed I may as well do a few modifications that I was afraid to do because of the warranty. I have already puchased an edge ez box, AFE air intake, and 4" exhaust. I am now interested in installing a set of higher flow injectors. My question is when do I need to worry about my stock lift pump and injection pump? And also should I do any upgrades to my transmission and if so what upgrades? I dont do any pulling any more and I dont drive like an idiot, I do like to open up my Cummins engine on occasion though. I always maintenance my truck on a regular basis and have 70,000 trouble free miles so far. I plan on hanging on to this truck for a while so I plan on keeping my modifications mild. As I stated earlier any input would be appreciated. Thanks, John.