Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Pillar gauge mount

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 10:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pillar gauge mount

I got my 3 gauge pillar mount today, with minimal instructions for mounting it, other than take the old pillar off & mount the new one & drill 4 holes to mount it & insert 4 plastic plugs to hold it..

How do I take the old pillar off ?? how is it held on?? The original pillar has a thin piece going below the dashboard along the hinge side of the driver's door.. Do I cut that piace off & install it below the new pillar? How would I attach it under the new pillar, glue?? this is on a 97 2500 ext. cab..
Old 05-09-2007, 11:02 PM

ok one at a time here, i'll try my best, i assume your 97 is all the same insied as my 02:
how do i take the old pillar off? it just has snap clips, just pull firmly on it and it should pop free.
how is it held on? as stated above.
do i cut thin piece off? i don't believe so but unsure what you exactly mean.

that's all i got, hope it helps, sorry i can't help with the "thin plastic piece"
Old 05-09-2007, 11:04 PM

Grab the top of the pillar and pull toward the back passenger side. Slides right off 2 metal clips IIRC. You don't need to cut anything to get the stock pillar out. This was on my 02 but believe the parts I bought were also for your year. I drilled through my new 3 gauge pillar into the old pillar and ran all the wires behind the stock pillar as well. I drilled 1/2" holes to allow the wires to run behind, fished all the wires and installed the stock pillar. Then with the pre drilled holes I just put the new 3 gauge pillar over top and pushed the pins in. Tight and no rattles.

This does not obviously give you the option of returning the truck to stock but I'm planning on keeping mine for quite some time.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:28 PM

Pillar mount

OK, first to Ridiculous,,
Thanks for your info, The pillar ends at the dashboard on a 97, then on the left side of the pillar a thin piece of the pillar continues on down the door jamb about half way to the door sill.. without it there would be a bare spot from top of dashboard half way down..

2500Ram,
Yup that was my original intention, to just mount it over top of the original pillar, but try as I may I just couldn't push it down between the old pillar & the dash, just no go.. so I'll have to take the old pillar off, & I would like to save it ,just in case.. I also bought paint to match the original color, I think it's called Forest Blue or something similar..
Old 05-10-2007, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by superuke
2500Ram,
Yup that was my original intention, to just mount it over top of the original pillar, but try as I may I just couldn't push it down between the old pillar & the dash, just no go.. so I'll have to take the old pillar off, & I would like to save it ,just in case.. I also bought paint to match the original color, I think it's called Forest Blue or something similar..
Must be the same part different dash. On my 02 there is a rubber boot between the dash and the pillar, it just slipped right in somewhat tight but not hard at all.

Good luck.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:38 AM

I wish mine was like that.. On my truck the pillar is tight against the dash, no space at all..
Old 05-13-2007, 05:44 PM

superuke,

What kind/where did you get your pod?
Old 05-13-2007, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge359
superuke,

What kind/where did you get your pod?
I got my pod & gauges from Glow Shift.. fits OK with the original pillar removed...