Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

PDR IC boots.... what a difference

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 01:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
PDR IC boots.... what a difference

Just got done installin my IC boots

this morning.. First and foremost these darn things are a royal PITA to put on (at first)and align right... but on the bright side they are so much thicker than stock it makes you wonder how you can rip them or bust them, then again such a hard to time put them in, makes me wonder how they can pop off with the clamps at full force..

I had heard hints on soaking them in hot water, but surprisingly after struggling with the first two, i found that if you twist them on its not that big a deal.. the driver side boots were the easier of the two, i had them done in about 45 mins thinkin it wasnt that bad of a deal, but the passenger ones are tougher due to the two angles you have to get lined up....

I removed my stockers and noticed that they were sorta flaired out, after takin the truck for a drive and double clampin what i could.. yes u read right i dont want to redo this if i dont have to, i noticed without any further mods the truck was a bit "zippier" for lack of a better term.. and at 20 psi.. NO burst IC boot... i have been afraid to take it much higher than that cause this thing is already doin 80 plus at 20 psi boost.. but so far no pops...

well worth it for those contemplating replacing the stock junkers for higher boost apps... ID reccomend them...

Rick
Old 09-18-2007, 03:11 PM

Yup! No fun to install! But they should last the life of the truck. Don't know why they are so expensive... but replacement factorys are worse!

Keep tightening the bottom two...as the clamps cause an indent after a while and they don't hold so well. Only thing worse than the install is trying to reinstall one end of a bottom boot. I had to take the top one off to get the bottom one back on!

RJ
Old 09-18-2007, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by RowJ
Yup! No fun to install! But they should last the life of the truck. Don't know why they are so expensive... but replacement factorys are worse!

Keep tightening the bottom two...as the clamps cause an indent after a while and they don't hold so well. Only thing worse than the install is trying to reinstall one end of a bottom boot. I had to take the top one off to get the bottom one back on!

RJ
thanks for the tips RowJ

should these things hold WOT? i double clamped them and will periodically check em now.. IE oil change?

Rick
Old 09-18-2007, 05:42 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad to hear you got em on Rick!