Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Which ONE??? Auxilery of Bypass lift pump

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 11:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which ONE??? Auxilery of Bypass lift pump

OK a little more help

I have my edge juice w/ attitude on order and now i am learning more. Being that i am not trying to kill my truck and it took too long to get this far with my truck, WHICH WAY SHOULD I GO?

Sense i have heard that uprading the fuel system is that way to go, where should i start. i was looking at foing with the FASS 150 but is there something else i should do first as in up grade the lift pump?

I was looking at the BD Power lift pumps but which one is the best way to go, the auxilery lift pump or the bypass lift pump, OR is there a better setup out there that is not too **** expensiive?

Thanks again GUYS
Aaron
Old 04-13-2007, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by PowrStorkthsRam
OK a little more help

I have my edge juice w/ attitude on order and now i am learning more. Being that i am not trying to kill my truck and it took too long to get this far with my truck, WHICH WAY SHOULD I GO?

Sense i have heard that uprading the fuel system is that way to go, where should i start. i was looking at foing with the FASS 150 but is there something else i should do first as in up grade the lift pump?

I was looking at the BD Power lift pumps but which one is the best way to go, the auxilery lift pump or the bypass lift pump, OR is there a better setup out there that is not too **** expensiive?

Thanks again GUYS
Aaron
How much you willing to spend on a good reliable fuel system?
Old 04-13-2007, 11:31 AM

i really dont know..... i have hot seen too much out there, probly not looking in the right place. Mones is kinda tight by i would like to get something that will hold up well and reduce the risk of killing my vp44 (because i DO NOT have the 1200 bones to replace that!!!) but something good and reliable.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:45 PM

vulcan big line kit will get you started...

i'd ditch the stock lift pump and replace it with a walbro or fass, and relocate it to the frame rail which the vulcan kit will allow you to do.

do a search on this website for 'lift pumps' and you'll be amazed!! plenty of info.

ive had luck with the walbro so far. others like the fass. maybe open a thread with a poll...stock LP, walbro, fass, rasp, holley, etc. and find out longevity and price and HP the pumps are supporting to see whats best suited for you.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:07 PM
Banned

i have the bd bypass kit. ditches the stock l/p and goes on the rail. i like it. and didnt cost me too much.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if you dont want to spend the money on a fass you can get a pro comp black off of ebay. they are like 50.00 bucks then you can buy bio safe fuel line for like a buck a foot of there to. and all the proper fittings from local hardware store.