Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

New Injectors

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 04:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Injectors

I'm looking into getting new injectors for my 2001 Dodge ram 2500 4x4, I have just stock ones right now. What brand should I get if I were to get new ones and whats the max amount of horsepower they should have? And will my truck pass smog it currently has no catalytic converter it's straight piped with a muffler, I live in CA and we all know they have tough emission laws do they make CA legal injectors? Thanks.
Old 06-18-2014, 09:36 PM

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Chooey
I'm looking into getting new injectors for my 2001 Dodge ram 2500 4x4, I have just stock ones right now. What brand should I get if I were to get new ones and whats the max amount of horsepower they should have? And will my truck pass smog it currently has no catalytic converter it's straight piped with a muffler, I live in CA and we all know they have tough emission laws do they make CA legal injectors? Thanks.
bosch rv injectors are a good choice. should be mild enough for ca emissions, and give noticeable increase in power!
Old 06-21-2014, 09:55 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Mach F1 injectors are prob the best IMO. Im running 1.6 and theyre Low smoke and good power.
Old 06-22-2014, 12:46 AM

CA does a component visual, OBD and visual snap idle opacity test. Snap idle is just romping on the throttle with no load. A puff that clears up in a couple seconds is fine. I only get a puff when I shift (boost drops out).

Mine came with mild injectors (don't know the brand was claimed at 300hp total and diesel dynamics was popular at the time hence the signature). If i was buying today Dynomite Diesel 50hp injectors would be on my short list. I run pretty heavy and with an Edge EZ (really a DDTT version w/boost elbow) it's really nice and about all the turbo is good for. On a long grade I have to back off a hair to keep EGT's in check.

'01's never had cats, so you're good there. I pull the EZ at smog time. Just going down to the station it barely spools up, so no fear of an overboost code between here and there. No one makes CARB EO'd injectors, but they're invisible to the inspector. Long as you pass smoke, you're good.
Old 07-01-2014, 07:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Heard that California was tight for emissions.
qadzilla adrenaline can be adjusted to the low emission mode HUH? or are they really so smart?

Sorry i am from europe.
Old 07-05-2014, 09:43 PM

Not sure about the Quad box but a smarty has a 1/2 power setting that is good if you have big injectors as this will tune the truck to only half stock power. A lot of folks in CA have used the smarty or borrow someones in half power to help pass smog.
Old 07-16-2014, 09:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
As the matter of fact qadzilla can be turned off or even turned to the blue flame mode wich turns your truck to wery low consuption mode. Passes easyly in california.

Elligal or no? dunno,, im a Finn.
Old 07-20-2014, 05:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DIESELWRKS
Not sure about the Quad box but a smarty has a 1/2 power setting that is good if you have big injectors as this will tune the truck to only half stock power. A lot of folks in CA have used the smarty or borrow someones in half power to help pass smog.
I have to set my smarty to half power with my mach 1.6 injectors to pass or it will smoke like a Chinese coal plant. I love the power and mpgs I just need to figure out how to tune out the low end smoke