Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Need some advice on what to do next

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2004, 12:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys, thanks for all the advice! I've never had the timing checked, only because I don't have the tools to do it and there aren't any diesel shops around here I think I would trust to do it anyway. (One shop said I'd blow the head right off the motor if I bumped the timing up to 16* and the other shop said I was doing severe damage to my truck by adjusting the fuel plate.) Its frustrating to say the least, but at least there are places like this to get great advice! At this point I'm pretty much dead set on getting the #10 plate and a 3K GSK only for the simple fact that I would know what plate I had and I'm pretty sure there is a local guy that would buy my old plate from me for a fair price. Its a said state of affairs when I'M the most knowledgable diesel guy around! Anyway, thanks again for the suggestions, and I'll let everyone know how it goes with the new plate and GSK.

MIke