Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

My aux reverse lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 04:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up My aux reverse lights

I used these lights - 4000E Slimline Rectangular
and my diagram. here. It works great. Nice and worry free. Pics. I mounted the side lights on the front body mount bracket. In the pic, it is visible just above the rear step on the side bars. It lights up under the doors so I wont trip. Or step out of the truck on the side of the road into a hole! , usually when I stop and night to check on the trailer or the bladder cant make it to the next stop. I tied into the left rear taillight and mounted the relays in that area also. Ran the wire down inside the frame where posiible. Solder all connections, with dielectric grease on non soldered ones. Just an FYI foranyone that wants a simple diagram. Oh #2 is where a 2nd diode can be installed to prevent the backup lights from coming on when the parking lights are on AND the switch is trown in the truck. Not a biggie for me so I left the diode out. The diode I used was a 1n4001. Cheapo from radio shack.