Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Installed The EZ

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2003, 11:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installed The EZ

All I can say is WOW. I got home last night, and decided I couldn't wait until this morning to put the ez on so my brother and I put it on last night. Took us a while to get the cap off the larger triangle connection(Not the MAP) but we got it! I fired it up and drove down the street normal and then punched it comming off a turn and it put the truc right sideways!!! It is definately nice, and well worth the money for just having to plug it in. So glad I did it but now I am worried about the tranny. It seems to be shifting fine and the same as before but it seems to take a little longer for the TC to lock up but that may all be in my head just because I'm paranoid! I'm just going to take it easy and not get on her too much until I get gauges and can monitor things. Christmas is just around the corner!

I do have one question though. The instructions say that when the jumper is all the way to the left it is least responsive and then all the way to the right its most responsive. What are the different levels between those jumpers. From what I understand it only a little a little difference and each setting works best depending on your setup, ie. bigger injectors. What setting do I want? Right now its all the way to the left and I was very pleased. Am I going to notice much of a difference with it moved to the right?

BTW, I finally can beat my cousins 2003 silverado! Its got the smaller of the two V8's in it....Not sure which one that is, I cant remember!!! I don't care anyway because its not a diesel.

I also wanted to thank everyone for their help and suggestions. You guys have taught me so much I have so much more to learn. Thanks again and Happy Holidays!

Oh yeah I forgot to ask. After we installed it we got on it pretty good and came back. When we stopped we could see smoke from like oil burning. I looked around and couldn't find anything other than maybe the Blow by hose was wet. Is there some sort of catch can I can get for that? I hope thats what it was. Oil level was fine and I couldn't see anything anywhere else so I am assuming thats what it was. Thanks again.
Old 12-14-2003, 04:33 PM

Re:Installed The EZ

1) decreased low boost fueling (for trucks with large injectors)

2) decreased low boost fueling (for trucks with moderate injectors)

3) most responsive (for trucks without injectors or if smoke is not a concern)

I have mine set on 3, didn't notice much increase but a little more smoke.

Extend your draft tube back to keep clear of front end. I put mine back to the tranny and there is no more mess.
Old 12-14-2003, 04:43 PM

hey cumminsdude im glad you like it, im still waiting for the adapter from edge so i can hook mine up :'( i wish it would get here ???
Old 12-14-2003, 04:53 PM

I know what your saying, I don't know how I ever lived without it. I hope my tranny holds ???
Old 12-14-2003, 06:02 PM

This feeling will wear off quickly. Once you get used to it, it just feels normal. Once this happens, unplug it for a day to get the feeling back. ;D
Old 12-14-2003, 06:06 PM

you can check the line pressure and up it up some to help hold the transmission together. you could also add an unlock switch if the converter starts slipping a lot.

Tom
Old 12-14-2003, 06:33 PM

How do I up the line pressure and does it hurt anything? How much should I up it?
Old 12-14-2003, 07:50 PM

Cool! You'll never look back. Smoke will be a fun extra in the summer. I've mine on setting 3 and will never move it.
Old 12-14-2003, 08:06 PM

http://www.dieseltrans.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=68

check the line pressure before and after. it's a must ont he 24valves bill says as the stock tolerances vary a lot. (i didn't do it on my 12valve, but probably shoudl have to see how things were).

Tom
Old 12-15-2003, 07:04 AM

That EZ will eventually take its toll on your stock automatic.
I would at least advise a modified valve body for your tranny to hold you over.
I know when I had an EZ and stock tranny, every time I changed the fluid I would have a pile of metal shavings on the pan magnet.

check out www.atsdiesel.com

--Justin ;D
Old 12-15-2003, 08:09 AM

Received 47 Likes on 42 Posts

Just to add to nailbenders comment
most aggressive full fueling kicks in at 3psi
mid level full fueling kicks in at 10psi
low level full fueling kicks in at 20psi