Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

I must be missing something

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 08:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Commataze for clearing that up. What the heck is "BTW"? The 23 mpg I was referring to wasn't in my truck, it was in a truck I rented (for free) to see what the difference is in milage between a gas and a diesel rig altho I took my truck over the same run and got the same. But that was under ideal conditions not over 65 mph and empty. I get about 15 with my camper driving 75 mph and I suppose I should be happy with that but if it's possible to do better without spending more money than the MPG increase would justify I'd like to. It just seems like maybe the engine stock from the factory may not be optimized for economy but I thot I'd ask the experts on this forum. I talked to Mark from TST products yesterday and he was very helpful. He said he's done many dyno tests and that there is no increase in power with changing the air intake or the exhaust just an "improvement" in noise. He thot the no increase in power translated into no increase in economy also. He said with his computer box addition I should see about a 5% increase in economy. The Edge people are claiming a 10%. I may buy one and do two runs with and without the EZ to see what the increase is and if it isn't at least 10% I will return it.
Old 03-30-2004, 08:49 AM

Well good luck to you , and let us know how you make out. If it indeed gives you a 10% increase, I'd be interested too with the mileage I rack up. BTW=by the way.
Old 03-30-2004, 08:58 AM

Do others agree with Battering Ram: "Your best bet is to buy a True Torque Power Module from Diesel Dynamics that is a custom tuned EZ that has a level that just advances timing. I would keep it on the timing level only since almost all fueling mods hurt fuel economy because we cant controll our right foot. " Would that be the most bang for the bucks for fuel economy?