Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

I feel stupid, but...fuel plate

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 08:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I feel stupid, but...fuel plate

Ive read to the point where my brain is numb and I still cant find the specific answers I needed. So i figured i'd ask directly and hopefully someone can help.

I just got my trans built so now i want to add more power into the mix.
I want to fly off the line instead of just getting a puff of smoke and rolling 150 feet and then taking off. I dont need to spin the tires at traffic lights, but i'd like to be able to have that type of power. Would a different fuel plate help me acheive that?

also, will using a more agressive plate make my mileage worse?

Will a 10 or 100 smoke like crazy?

I'm not sure if a fuel plate is the right mod i need to acheive my goal but it's just not satisfying to sit at a red light and when the light turns green, my engine is roaring, my exhaust is roaring and gives a short burst of thick smoke but my truck seems like its barely rolling. Help me put some power behind the grunt!
Old 04-08-2007, 08:45 PM

look at my sig, and go from there. Mine launches pretty hard, smokes a little , and screams like a banshee! It has enough power to kill a stock clutch and eat a stock nv4500 transmission. That's why it's sitting in the barn lot right now in need of repairs. :P
Old 04-08-2007, 08:51 PM

And, I still get 28MPG mixed driving, and about 30MPG interstate (unloaded)
Old 04-08-2007, 09:36 PM
Banned

If you grind your stock plate to a #100, do AFC mods, extend the front rack plug a few millimeters and bump the timing your stock turbo will be crying for mercy and you can smoke out a 2 lane road Thats what I had previously and then I added some big sticks, now I really need a turbo! lol
Old 04-08-2007, 11:10 PM
DTR question asker

Originally Posted by mysterystench
Ive read to the point where my brain is numb and I still cant find the specific answers I needed. So i figured i'd ask directly and hopefully someone can help.

I just got my trans built so now i want to add more power into the mix.
I want to fly off the line instead of just getting a puff of smoke and rolling 150 feet and then taking off. I dont need to spin the tires at traffic lights, but i'd like to be able to have that type of power. Would a different fuel plate help me acheive that?

also, will using a more agressive plate make my mileage worse?

Will a 10 or 100 smoke like crazy?

I'm not sure if a fuel plate is the right mod i need to acheive my goal but it's just not satisfying to sit at a red light and when the light turns green, my engine is roaring, my exhaust is roaring and gives a short burst of thick smoke but my truck seems like its barely rolling. Help me put some power behind the grunt!
Qhat exactly did you get done to your truck?
Old 04-09-2007, 07:43 PM

rebuild and TC